Taking a muscle relaxer for a partially torn rotator cuff

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Its an interesting feeling. Its like that feeling of complete relaxation you get when you are absolutely hammered, but without the bad side effects of being drunk.

It doesnt make me tired, but I can fall asleep any time I feel like it, no matter how much sleep ive gotten the night before.

I slept for 12 hours last night, and just woke up from a 4 hour nap.

I have to take the muscle relaxer 3 times a day in combination with 800mg ibuprofen 3x a day for 2 weeks, which is kind of annoying because ive already been taking ibuprofen for the last 3 weeks before I went to a doctor, so I know this isnt going to fix it either.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I cant stand that stuff. It knocks me out but I dont get a good sleep on it and wake up tired.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I guess I'm a lightweight. I took 1 once for back spasms, and all I remember of that night was saying " it was just a LEETLE pill!" and asking my wife if our guests had left yet, right in front of them:p
The next morning I felt hungover till noon.

Feb 24, 2001
I don't understand why people drink. Narcotics and some barbiturates are far superior. Even dinky stuff like a Lortab can do better than alcohol.

It's cheaper than alcohol
No hangover or other side effects

Mildly addictive if you do them often enough though. As with alcohol, moderation is key.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Cyclobenzaprine doesn't do anything for me one way or the other. How many mg do they have you on?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
I don't understand why people drink. Narcotics and some barbiturates are far superior. Even dinky stuff like a Lortab can do better than alcohol.

It's cheaper than alcohol
No hangover or other side effects

Mildly addictive if you do them often enough though. As with alcohol, moderation is key.
Take two Reds and call me in the morning or when ever you wake up.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
BS anti-depressant that happens to work as a muscle relaxer too.

I'm prescribed it for muscle spasms and whenever I wake up after taking it I can feel the chemicals in my head tweaked out. Needless to say I rarely take it unless I really really need sleep and don't have anything else.

jme5343

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
I'm getting ready to take some for the first time. Since my lung collapsed, I've not been able to sleep well at all. My Dr. thinks this will help. Funny she recommended it today after me reading this thread yesterday. I'll report back with my findings tomorrow ;)

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I've been taking GABA (gamma amino butyric acid) as a muscle relaxant and sleep aid.. so far it's been working great. I can actually get up at 6:30am to go running and don't feel anywhere near as groggy as i used to.

Also for general relaxation, Oxycodone worked great for me. I got a 40 pill prescription for appendectomy over new years and man are those pills fun!@

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
I pulled a muscle in my back last year -- most pain ever. Doctor prescribed 500mg Naproxen and 10mg Cyclobenzeprene. Best muscle relaxer I have ever had, and good night sleep too.....wife had a few also for sleep, she wants me to go get more. :)

jme5343

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Hmmm, sadly the cyclobenzaprine did absolutely nothing for me :( So, still not having much luck sleeping.