Take on Mars looks kinda fun

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I'm still waiting for you to gift it to me so I can tell you if it is fun!

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
When I saw this game pop up on Steam the other day, I did a double-take. I've heard of "Take On Helicopters" - the chopper simulator - but I had certainly not heard of "Take On Mars". It's by the same studio though (Bohemia Interactive).

I immediately bought it, because a) Come on, it's a mars rover simulator, how cool is that, b) it's made by Bohmi, and c) it was only $12.99.

The game's still in alpha and it's very feature-incomplete. But what's there so far is really good. I'll dump screenshots.

4SdFqRY.png

52pDgS8.jpg

9Ylf5Mg.jpg

o8ADK9V.png

rF3kXdQ.jpg

KvPkyZC.jpg

vyyRYwe.jpg

gUYB1C6.png

hsPhFI0.png

Up5mrQY.png

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I watched some videos yesterday and I'll definitely buy it in the future. I've bought too many early-access games lately so this will have to wait.

I had no idea that BI was developing this until you posted about it. Looks like a great start.

lilrayray69

Apr 4, 2013
I was about to post a thread about this if nobody else had. I just bought it, pretty excited. Though I have been bummed with early access games I've bought previously.

However, I've recently gotten into KSP quite hard so I think this will be pretty awesome. And once I saw it was Bohemia Interactive I figured it's a safe bet

lilrayray69

Apr 4, 2013
Just for some info, the game is cool but not quit was I was hoping for and/or expected.

It does a LOT of stuff for you. It comes up with the mission location and parameters, it builds up a pre-set rover you need to accomplish those tasks, and it handles landing the rover on the surface.

Once you are on the surface to perform the tasks, it's pretty simple. Switch to the camera, point and shoot in the squares the game shows you. Switch to the measuring instrument, hit analyze and wait a few seconds - done.

I hope it gets more in depth soon, maybe this is just part of the learning phase. I really do wish you got to guide the landing though.