Taco Cabana FREAKING SUCKS....

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
I go there tonight. Drive through. They have some guy there taking the order on some tablet, you don't even get up to the menu with the speaker like has been the case at drive throughs for centuries. So I order some fajitas, half pound beef, half pound chicken. Some refried beans (they don't even have the baracho beans anymore lol!!!) and rice. Then I ask if they have margaritas that they can sell to go. He says sure, they have a gallon. I say OK. He asks lime or strawberry. I say strawberry. He types shit on his tablet, then says that will be $55 and change, drive through to the window. I think God DAMN that is a lot for a Taco C meal.

But I drive forward.

I get to the window, kid is like that will be $55 and change. I give him credit card. When he is done charging my card, he gives me the credit card back, with a receipt. I look at the receipt, the gallon of margaritas costed $35!!! I immediately tell him sorry, I didn't realize they were that much, but I don't want to pay it. Don't worry about making my margaritas, just take it off my bill please.

He disappears in the back. He comes back and says his manager said they don't issue refunds on alcoholic drinks. I couldn't freaking believe it. Its not like I had drunk the freaking margaritas and asked for a refund. And its not like they had even PREPARED the margaritas, I saw him do that later. I told the kid that if they were not going to give a refund I would just dispute the entire charge with the credit card company and they would get nothing. He didn't seem to care. He was just a dumb kid, can't blame him.

But then he gives me the food. And acts like he is done. And I'm like "well, where are the margaritas?!?!". He acted surprised. Like I was just going to leave with those prick beyotches charging me $35 and not taking their shiat margaritas that cost $.79 cents to make with me. So that's when I saw him actually go to the front and come back with the gallon in a bucket, poured out of the margarita machine.

Anyways, that is basically theft right there. I will dispute it like I said and they will get nothing (or I will fine another credit card company). But, man oh man, has that place gone downhill. Back in the day, it was awesome. I used to eat there like twice a week minimum. But the quality has dropped off so much over the years, menu items changed and became much more expensive, I barely go there anymore. And I will probably never be going again after tonight. Fuk that shitty place...

Nov 8, 2012
Why would you not expect a gallon of margaritas to be the most expensive part of the bill, especially if quoted $55 for like $20 of meat? You sound like an asshole.
Lol pretty much.

Also charging the card FIRST and then asking for a refund, when you could have just asked for the prices beforehand and just taken it off the bill.

Nov 8, 2012
That $35 was worth it, where else would we get amazing content like this? OP was probably a half gallon in for this.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
bbdf8a740d6a1a510eb057d2c875abf7.gif