T.O. Fined $9500 by the Cowboys

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
Originally posted by: F22 Raptor
In the end it doesn't matter anyways..

NFC = No Fvcking Chance

The NFC East will by far be the toughest division by far this year. Just like it used to be (excluding the cards).

The Top 6 AFC Teams are better than any of the teams in the NFC

You're an idiot. Really. That may have been true three years ago, but its far from true now. The AFC barely won the Superbowl the past two years, and this year while pretty much all the top teams in the AFC (yes, including your beloved Patriots) got worse, all the top teams in the NFC got better. Dallas, Seattle, Carolina, and New York are all legitmate contenders not only to make but to win the Superbowl, with Atlanta and Tampa Bay not too far behind.

The NFC East, widely regarded as the best division in football, plays the AFC South this year, which includes the perennial regular season superstar Indianapolis Colts. The Colts will drop at least one if not two games to the East.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
"I didn't announce that," Parcells said of the fine. "We keep this in-house." Asked repeatedly about Owens' situation, Parcells wouldn't acknowledge whether a fine had been levied.

"This conversation's going nowhere," he said. "...Whatever opinions anyone else has is totally irrelevant. I'm operating from a position of advantage."

Asked if Owens had been a "problem," Parcells said, "He hasn't been a problem at all."

During a postgame television interview, Jerry Jones did not mention the fine but answered several other questions about Owens. Jones said his only concern with the receiver is "injury, not all this other stuff you hear about."

Jones seemed to downplay the drama surrounding Owens' injury by noting that Carolina's Steve Smith and Pittsburgh's Hines Ward also have been slowed by hamstring injuries without drawing the same scrutiny as Owens. He also recalled Deion Sanders' ability to play well after flying in from baseball games and missing long stretches of practice.

"I know this -- when he's healthy, he's going to help us win these ballgames," Jones said.

Now hush up, negative nancies.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Bengals, Chargers, and Broncos > Any of the NFC teams you can think up

I think Deeko's panicking about TO preparing to destroy yet another franchise, his favorite team. I can't wait to watch the demise of the Cowboys this season. I will take great pleasure in it.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
You're a foolish lad, and just like last year, I will mock you when the Pats fail to live up to your usual lofty claims. Now go troll somewhere else.

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Bengals, Chargers, and Broncos > Any of the NFC teams you can think up

I think Deeko's panicking about TO preparing to destroy yet another franchise, his favorite team. I can't wait to watch the demise of the Cowboys this season. I will take great pleasure in it.

oh my... someones been brainwashed..

Chargers and Bronco's will limp into the playoffs.. barely.. and be one and done..
Colts are going to find things difficult without a running game.. they'll be lucky to reproduce their past success.. They'll find out just how good E. James was..
Bengals.. aah.. so so I guess.. nothing spectacular.. a good team, but not able to outdual one of the elite defenses in the NFC

Patriots.. they are on the rise again.. but who knows... they could be a fluke in the making as well..

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Latest out of Dallas:

"Terrell Owens overslept. That's it.

He insists he wasn't late for work Friday to send a messages to his bosses, test his boundaries or anything else his critics might think.

And, get this: He says it'll probably happen again, even if he was fined $9,500.

"I think everybody has overslept, you know, once or twice in their life," Owens said Monday, more amused than angry that a fuss is being made over something that's happened to him before, though not since he's joined the Cowboys.

"It's not a big deal," he said. "It was not something I purposely tried to do. It's something that I will try to make more of an effort, a better effort, to get here on time. Other than that, it's really not a big issue."

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
Good. When is TO going to learn that nobody is going to put up with his antics? He has a great deal of talent, but I think the baggage he brings isn't worth it.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Deeko
You're a foolish lad, and just like last year, I will mock you when the Pats fail to live up to your usual lofty claims. Now go troll somewhere else.
The Pats have the best coach in football and 3 rings under him. Dallas has the biggest cancer of a receiver in football, were continually bitchslapped by the Eagles for the past decade, and it will commence again this year now that injuries aren't holding them down. You do the math.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
The Pats have the best coach in football and 3 rings under him. Dallas has the biggest cancer of a receiver in football, were continually bitchslapped by the Eagles for the past decade, and it will commence again this year now that injuries aren't holding them down. You do the math.

I LOVE EAGLES FANS. They really think their team is destined to be at least 12-4 and go to the superbowl. You're in for such a rude awakeneing. I can't wait.

ps - Dallas has a pretty decent coach themselves, in case you've forgotten. You've got some fatass that let T.O. walk all over him and forgets that you run the ball sometimes in the NFL.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

I LOVE EAGLES FANS. They really think their team is destined to be at least 12-4 and go to the superbowl. You're in for such a rude awakeneing. I can't wait.

ps - Dallas has a pretty decent coach themselves, in case you've forgotten. You've got some fatass that let T.O. walk all over him and forgets that you run the ball sometimes in the NFL.

Dallas = 1 and done, sorry Deeko, come back next year

iwantanewcomputer

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2004
the cowboys seem overhyped considering they beet the worst team in recent history 17-7. I consider that a reasonably close game, and against the 49ers i think it would put them on the bottom half of my nfl rankings if they were trying hard.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: iwantanewcomputer
the cowboys seem overhyped considering they beet the worst team in recent history 17-7. I consider that a reasonably close game, and against the 49ers i think it would put them on the bottom half of my nfl rankings if they were trying hard.
It's preseason. The score means jack.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: chambersc
Originally posted by: Kev
Originally posted by: F22 Raptor
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=1918878&enterthread=y

Game set and match.

Told you. Yet, of course this idiot writer now upplays his injury again because of course they need something to continue to be an idiot about.

what does that link have to do with anything?

thinking of the same thing.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564476

Sorry about that, there we go. :)

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Reid has set a precedent with Philly that Parcells w/ Dallas could only dream of. When was the last time Dallas went to the SB? lol. I'm not saying that Parcells isn't skilled, but to say Reid doesn't know how to coach (forgets to run the ball sometimes) shows that you don't respect one of the winningest coaches of the past decade.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Reid isn't a bad coach, but he DOES need to learn how to run the ball, and he DID let Owens walk all over him and ruin the team.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Holt: 110 619 9487 15.3 85 54 424 14 7
Harrison:154 927 12331 13.3 80 110 627 9 5
T.O. :142 716 10535 14.7 91 101 493 8 5

Colts fanbot...ugh

Go Lions!

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: KMFJD
Holt: 110 619 9487 15.3 85 54 424 14 7
Harrison:154 927 12331 13.3 80 110 627 9 5
T.O. :142 716 10535 14.7 91 101 493 8 5

Colts fanbot...ugh

Go Lions!

Are you an idiot or something?

They both have 3 more years in the league than Holt.

He's the only man in NFL history to have six consecutive 1,300-yard receiving seasons. Granted Harrison has 7 consectutive 1100+yard seasons and has benefited from having one of the best QBs in the last decade throwing him the ball.

Fact is, they both have ridiculous hands, run most excellent routes, and are consistent. Any QB in the league would love to have a Harrison or Holt.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Everyone is making such a big deal about this. Ok, he's hurt and missing preseason games. So are half the #1 wideouts in the league. So Parcells referred to him as 'this player' - if you see enough of his news conferences, this is how he refers to EVERYONE. So he missed a meeting and got fined. It happens to players all the time. Everyone is blowing the TO thing so out of proportion is ridiculous. He hasn't even really caused a problem yet, everyone just wants there to be one. And even IF he's "faking" an injury, which he's not, how is he being a cancer and tearing apart the team? Parcells isn't a whiny little girl like Reid, he won't let that happen.

Oh yeah, the classic, "our coach will keep him in line" fallacy.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Yeah Deeko, you live in philly so you should've been able to see what a complete mental midget TO is. I really don't think he is capable of responding to logic or reasoning, and if the cowboys want the benefit of having him play they're going to have to put up with his BS until it reaches a boiling point.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: thepd7
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Sew his mouth shut and you have the greatest receiver in the game. That's the rub.

You'll have a chicken-shlt receiver with some skills. If he wasn't afraid to get hit and he could concentrate on his play, he'd be one of the better but not the best.

Whos better, right now?

Steve Smith of the Panthers, for one.