T&L emulator

gjspear

Feb 19, 2002
hey can some one tell me of a T&L emulation software(if any such thing exists). someone had told me the name of a software called 3d analyzer but i couldn't find it anywhere on the net.

dude

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
Why would you want this? Plus, I believe this is a hardware function. Even if there were software to emulate this, I doubt it would be fast enough to operate correctly.

JeremiahTheGreat

Oct 19, 2001
I do hope you know that if your Video Card doesn't support hardware T&L, it will revert to Software T&L! In another words, there is no need for T&L emulation because its already there! If it wasn't you would see a thing on screen...

someone correct me if i'm wrong.

deadcell

Dec 28, 2001
My friend was reading the req's for Star Wars Galaxies and he's set except he has built in video so he's about to buy a video card and it has to be pci and furthermore, it must have Hardware T&L. What PCI video cards have hardware T&L, if any? We're looking at a GF2MX200 & 400 as well as a Radeon7000 but can't find if they have hardware T&L. Thanx in advance.

nemesismk2

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2001
www.ultimatehardware.net
Originally posted by: dude
Why would you want this? Plus, I believe this is a hardware function. Even if there were software to emulate this, I doubt it would be fast enough to operate correctly.

Some games require hardware t&l or they just wont work at all, a good example is Spiderman the movie.
So if you own a video card like a Kyro2, Radeon VE, any of the Voodoo range the game willn't work at all.

However if you use 3d analyzer to fool the game into thinking the video card supports hardware t&l the
game runs. How well it runs depends on your video card but I tested a Kyro2 with that game and it runs really well providing you have a fast cpu.

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Some games require hardware t&l or they just wont work at all, a good example is Spiderman the movie.
So if you own a video card like a Kyro2, Radeon VE, any of the Voodoo range the game willn't work at all.

The latest drivers for the Radeon VE/Radeon 7000 expose Hardware T&L capabilities.
The V4/5 of course has it's little 'Geometry Acceleration' to emulate Hardware T&L so that most apps that require Hardware T&L should run on those boards.

And of course the Kyro 2 SE features it's driver assisted Hardware T&L emulation as well... though such boards still arent readily available, supposedly people are working on hacking the Kyro 2 SE drivers to work on the regular Kyro 1/2 boards though.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
The latest drivers for the Radeon VE/Radeon 7000 expose Hardware T&L capabilities.
I have my doubts as to the "hardware" T&L being there all along and only being hidden. It's more likely that the drivers are reporting it to trick programs that require hardware T&L to run.

Idoxash

Apr 30, 2001
Take a game like UT and play it in software mode with a ghz or faster cpu. What you get is a very fast, smooth and even nice looking game! So useing the cpu for t@l is not a bad thing at all and i have used the 3d analyzer with my kyro II on a PIII-S 1266mhz computer and the game looks great... speeds is just as fast and any other game running on a fast gpu.... really i play tribes 1 and ut in softmode it's just way smoother. even colors looks more real.... arg well thats me at least.....