Question System wont turn on! Asus Hero VIII Mobo | Intel i5 1151

404_Damn

Feb 20, 2021
Hello,
I am trying to figure out what’s wrong on my computer. I tried some basic solutions but didn’t work. I built this system more than 3 years ago, It worked fine for more than 2 years and last year it stopped suddenly, not sure exact reason! Didn’t bother to fix at that time but I’m trying to figure out now.

Things I’ve tried so far
  1. Tried with new power supply
  2. Removed BIOS battery
  3. Clean dust and motherboard and ram.
Asus Hero Max VIII Mobo
4 GB Ram * 2 ( corsair )
Corsair power supply cx650m
Intel i5 LGA 1151
Master Cooler
Cougar Case

I’ve attached photos if helps!
current and before: https://ibb.co/RgMSWt9

When I bought new power supply: https://ibb.co/DfS0cS8 ( only for couple of hours and now it’s back to motherbaord start and reset lights only)

My last guess now is motherboard!! Any help appreciated!!

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I took out and tried with only psu, cpu and ram but no luck!
RIP Asus Hero Max VIII

If you feel like messing around you can try the heat gun reflow method, maybe you get lucky. Just google repairing motherboard with heat gun.

404_Damn

Feb 20, 2021
RIP Asus Hero Max VIII

If you feel like messing around you can try the heat gun reflow method, maybe you get lucky. Just google repairing motherboard with heat gun.
Thank you!! I was looking around and found hair dryer and oven method!! Looks risky but i got nothing to loose now!

I don’t have heat gun so I might try hair dryer.

do you know/tried oven? I’m seeing different temperatures such as 100f and 400f ( drastic difference ) so not sure if I want to try 400f which sounds too risky ( not for motherboard but for me and oven haha ).

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Thank you!! I was looking around and found hair dryer and oven method!! Looks risky but i got nothing to loose now!

I don’t have heat gun so I might try hair dryer.

do you know/tried oven? I’m seeing different temperatures such as 100f and 400f ( drastic difference ) so not sure if I want to try 400f which sounds too risky ( not for motherboard but for me and oven haha ).
I would not personally use an oven I cook in for it. I have read of horrible, lingering, smells, after doing so. Heat guns can be found dirt cheap on Amazon, often with next day delivery. I am not certain a hair dryer gets hot enough? Worth a shot if it is all you have, and cannot afford the layout for a heat gun.

404_Damn

Feb 20, 2021
I would not personally use an oven I cook in for it. I have read of horrible, lingering, smells, after doing so. Heat guns can be found dirt cheap on Amazon, often with next day delivery. I am not certain a hair dryer gets hot enough? Worth a shot if it is all you have, and cannot afford the layout for a heat gun.
Okay, makes sense! I’ll try heat gun once I get new motherboard, Want to make sure if it’s cpu/ram and I don’t want to to mess with mobo unless it’s bad for sure! Thank you for your help today!!

Reactions: DAPUNISHER