Syria Seeking Banned Weapons

burek

Feb 19, 2002
Link

WASHINGTON - Syria is allowing militants to cross its border into Iraq (news - web sites) to kill U.S. soldiers and is aggressively seeking to acquire and develop chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, a senior Bush administration official said Tuesday.

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by: SuperTool
When was Syria banned from acquiring those wapons?

do you trust syria with chemical and biological weapons? given that they sponsor many terrorist groups, i do not. and yes, i do trust the US with them to answer your question.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I'm all for a country acquiring deterrents.

My taxes foot the bill for the wars this country fights. Hopefully Syria, Iran, and North Korea will do their part in making the Bush administration consider diplomacy as their first option.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: kaizersose

do you trust syria with chemical and biological weapons? given that they sponsor many terrorist groups, i do not. and yes, i do trust the US with them to answer your question.

It's not a question of who I trust with what, it's a question of whether these weapons are banned. I don't remember anyone banning Syria from acquiring those weapons.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: kaizersose

It's not a question of who I trust with what, it's a question of whether these weapons are banned. I don't remember anyone banning Syria from acquiring those weapons.

Exactly, besides, I'm tired of people crying wolf.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
I'm all for a country acquiring deterrents.

My taxes foot the bill for the wars this country fights. Hopefully Syria, Iran, and North Korea will do their part in making the Bush administration consider diplomacy as their first option.

true that! great post!

additionally, " a senior Bush administration official said Tuesday" <-- no longer give a shvt about what Bush Regime official say anymore. as we saw with their Iraqi adventure, they are FULL of SHvT!

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: burek
Link

WASHINGTON - Syria is allowing militants to cross its border into Iraq (news - web sites) to kill U.S. soldiers and is aggressively seeking to acquire and develop chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, a senior Bush administration official said Tuesday.

Are we going to get fooled twice?

What's that pharase? Fool me once, shame on you- fool me twice, shame on me ?

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Hey you did much better than Dubya! -->

?There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again. You've got to understand...." ~ El Presidente Dubbya Bush, 9/17/02

Jan 12, 2003
I agree; Syria posses no threat to the United States and our interests in the region. Syria is much like Canada, insofar as they are sharing a common boarder with a morally reprehensible country, like the U.S.A (Israel is Syria?s U.S.A.). They are a sovereign nation and should be allowed to sponsor anything they wish and develop 1 bazillion nuclear weapons if they so choose. Who are we to dictate foreign policy in foreign countries? It is time we pulled all our troops back home and let the world go to hell if it so chooses. Our ideologies are not superior to other countries, so we should stop trying to spread this so-called democracy thingy and let Islamic extremists and terrorists run their regions as they so choose. It is none of our business. Syria and other state sponsors of terror are not the enemy, for I have seen the enemy and that enemy is us (a).

[edit] I bet these reports on Syria are lies, too.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
I agree; Syria posses no threat to the United States and our interests in the region. Syria is much like Canada, insofar as they are sharing a common boarder with a morally reprehensible country, like the U.S.A (Israel is Syria?s U.S.A.). They are a sovereign nation and should be allowed to sponsor anything they wish and develop 1 bazillion nuclear weapons if they so choose. Who are we to dictate foreign policy in foreign countries? It is time we pulled all our troops back home and let the world go to hell if it so chooses. Our ideologies are not superior to other countries, so we should stop trying to spread this so-called democracy thingy and let Islamic extremists and terrorists run their regions as they so choose. It is none of our business. Syria and other state sponsors of terror are not the enemy, for I have seen the enemy and that enemy is us (a).

[edit] I bet these reports on Syria are lies, too.

What do you mean? Syria is an imminent threat to our country! In 45 minutes they can deploy a nuclear missile and launch it on LA or New York. They bought uranium from Nigeria, they masterminded the 9/11 attacks, and they are providing refuge for Osama Bin Laden, Satan, The Zodiak Killer, and Freddy Kreuger. They have a secret laser beam on the moon pointed at Washington DC, they caused the great Blackout in the Northeast and the Great Depression.