Switch to FULL MOBILE (Gtx 980m) ?

Is it time to Switch to FULL MOBILE [Gtx 980m] instead of buying the new [TITAN X Pascal]?

• Yes Buy a Notebook with GTX 980 instead of the new GTX Titan X Pascal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, buy the new GTX Titan X Pascal

• No, wait for the new 1080m

• Total voters

Nhirlathothep

Aug 23, 2014
www.youtube.com
- 3 Months ago i bought a GTX Titan X to replace a 7970ghz (it s a crossfire, but i use only 1 card)

- Still i had no time to insert it in my case, i haven' t turned on my desktop gaming pc in the last months

- I m going to buy a new Titan X Pascal and still i have to try my old Titan X Maxwell.

- now seems that also this summer i m not going to have time to turn on my gaming pc. so i m not going to try my new Titan X Pascal for months (and my old Titan X Maxwell too).

i can use my laptop gaming pc (with a old GT 750m) every day.

Is it time to Switch to FULL MOBILE (Gtx 980m) instead of buying the new TITAN X Pascal?

Performace hit is huge : also my current Titan X Maxwell is far better than gtx 980m

Piroko

Jan 10, 2013
You're asking if you'd rather spend money on something that you won't use or spend money on something that you don't really want. The correct answer is to not spend money until you see a product that you want and can use.
I'm not convinced that the 1080m is the right answer if "not going to have the time to turn it on" is still an issue by the time you can buy one.

Nhirlathothep

Aug 23, 2014
www.youtube.com
You're asking if you'd rather spend money on something that you won't use or spend money on something that you don't really want. The correct answer is to not spend money until you see a product that you want and can use.
true :(
I'm not convinced that the 1080m is the right answer if "not going to have the time to turn it on" is still an issue by the time you can buy one

i can use my gaming laptop every day (old gt 750m) and if i ll buy a new one with 980m or 1080m at least i can use it.
But the gap in performance between Titan X Pascal and 1080m is big