Question Switch to choose between two sets of stereo speakers (i.e. A+B or C+D)?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm in my kitchen right now and have a pair of speakers just over the stove, where there's a mini-stereo, also a switch that chooses between several inputs (CD, stereo, TV/computer, line in from mini-plug). When facing the stove (e.g. cooking, etc.) I like the sound coming from in front of me. But the TV is to my left and it's odd to hear the sound from the left when I'm facing the TV. So, I want to place two speakers to either side of the TV.

So, I figure I want a switch I can use to select either (1) the speakers over the stove, or (2) the speakers either side of the TV.

I have a lot of components but can't think of one that will do this. Seems simple enough, I imagine there's stuff out there that will do this well and simply and cheaply enough. But where/what? Thanks for help.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Some more details:

I have the mini-stereo's headphone output feeding into an audio switch, that chooses between:

1. The mini-stereo
2. CD player
3. TV/Computer
4. Mini-plug stereo cord I can plug into a cell phone or MP3 player.

Output from the audio switch goes to a cheap T-amplifier, a Lepai (~$25). That amp has stereo output and is very low power draw, I just leave it on all the time, I think it draw's around 5 watts, regardless.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well, found one like this on Ebay, but cheaper, it's a Radio Shack, probably better and at $12 shipped, acceptable. Should do the job.