Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
For an XBOX 360 + halo 3 + skate + 2 controllers :)

General warning to repliers: Do not use this thread to advertise the sale of your WoW accounts, it is forbidden to do so under forum policy

No sales or trades of game accounts (Steam, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, etc.) if prohibed by the manufacturer's terms of service.

-Schadenfroh

Jun 4, 2005
O_O

A buddy of mine sold his and his wife's WOW account for $2,7XX. Built a new rig with some of the money.

WOW sure is profitable, but the hours spent leveling and gaining all the shit probably equals out to less than minimum wage.

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: LoKe
O_O

A buddy of mine sold his and his wife's WOW account for $2,7XX. Built a new rig with some of the money.

WOW sure is profitable, but the hours spent leveling and gaining all the shit probably equals out to less than minimum wage.

Holy crap - Well mine wasn't THAT good

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
O_O

That's like saying getting paid $500 for a liter of semen is less than minimum wage. If you're gonna be doing it anyways...

:D

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
O_O

It is most definitely less than minimum wage - so much that I don't bother selling them anymore.

That being said, when I was in middle school/high school I made way more money than I could working, since before 16 you couldn't really have a job and I could make ~$500 in 2-3 weeks playing MMOs back then and selling them. Something which I enjoyed doing anyways.

One time I did get lucky and bought an account I intended to level off of ebay for $250 and resold it <24hr and 4 levels later for $1,500.

At 14 years old, $1,500 was a lot of money.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
I have a WoW account just sitting around waiting to be sold, but I don't know where to sling it :confused:

Not here

forum policy

No sales or trades of game accounts (Steam, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, etc.) if prohibed by the manufacturer's terms of service.

-Schadenfroh

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: GuideBot
I have a WoW account just sitting around waiting to be sold, but I don't know where to sling it :confused:

I could get it off your hands for you if you wanted me to act as the middle man - of course I wouldn't mind a small tip :D

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: GuideBot

Homes, I used to be out on the corner slingin' WOW accounts twenty-fo' seven, ya heard? But I'm out tha game now, yo. I gots ta be raidin' Hyjal with my boys. Bitches don't 'bout my DPS, son!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Xylitol
O_O

Holy crap - Well mine wasn't THAT good

that HAD to have been before the xpac, with multipial geared chars on the same accnt, nothing goes for that much anymore

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis
that HAD to have been before the xpac, with multipial geared chars on the same accnt, nothing goes for that much anymore

That's two accounts though. I could see that if they're decently geared with multiple characters.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Aikouka

That's two accounts though. I could see that if they're decently geared with multiple characters.

even so thats like 1400$ an accnt, still had to have a ton of chars with great gear to fetch that much, back in the day a HWL/GM wouldent even fetch 1K

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
even so thats like 1400$ an accnt, still had to have a ton of chars with great gear to fetch that much, back in the day a HWL/GM wouldent even fetch 1K

Really? I remember one of the GM rogues selling his account (that I believe only had one 60, the GM rogue) for over $1500. I'd have to ask him again how much it sold for... it's been awhile. There's that rogue with the Warglaives of Azzinoth that sold for $6000.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Aikouka

Really? I remember one of the GM rogues selling his account (that I believe only had one 60, the GM rogue) for over $1500. I'd have to ask him again how much it sold for... it's been awhile. There's that rogue with the Warglaives of Azzinoth that sold for $6000.

it was 6000 british pounds, so like 12k LOL and thats an abnormality, and some oil shieks son got it IIRC, and the speced it hemo :roll:

you can get a t4/5 or Arena S2 char now for less then a grand

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
it was 6000 british pounds, so like 12k LOL and thats an abnormality, and some oil shieks son got it IIRC, and the speced it hemo :roll:

you can get a t4/5 or Arena S2 char now for less then a grand

I probably would've sold it like that too :laugh: