Sweet! Zatoichi returns!

Aug 14, 2001
Yeah, the trailer looks good. I've been thinking about picking up the other Zatoichi movies on DVD...anyone seen them? Any good?

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
When I used to have the Independent Film Channel on my cable lineup, I used to love SAturday mornings. They would have "Samurai Saturdays", and would often show Zatoichi movies. Don't know if they still do it, but I loved those flicks. Didn't even bother me that they were subtitled. Plus tehy would show a lot of other cool Japanese films. Too bad I don't get IFC anymore. :(

ShinKen

Feb 10, 2002
I have been waiting for the DVD release, ordered from amazon.jp since the disc has english subtitles I am good to go (love my region free DVD player). I did not know that Miramax was planning on releasing stateside. Does anyone know if it will be dubbed or subtitled. later.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose
Yeah, the trailer looks good. I've been thinking about picking up the other Zatoichi movies on DVD...anyone seen them? Any good?
They were good when I saw them on VHS, but I'll probably just rent DVDs from Netflix when I feel like seeing them again.

But the only samurai film I've actually bought is Seven Samurai, so if you've bought ones like Samurai Trilogy, Chusingura, Throne of Blood, etc. you might as well buy these too :)

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ShinKen
I have been waiting for the DVD release, ordered from amazon.jp since the disc has english subtitles I am good to go (love my region free DVD player). I did not know that Miramax was planning on releasing stateside. Does anyone know if it will be dubbed or subtitled. later.

Is the DVD release already out in Japan?

Aug 14, 2001
I didn't like the Samurai Trilogy at all...but I watched them a while after reading Musashi (one of the best books ever), so I guess maybe I was hoping for too much.