Sweet! Locked my keys in the car again!

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
At least I realized before I actually wanted to head home....

At least it's not running this time (oy, the embarassment :laugh: )

Thank you, AAA, for keeping me from vandalizing my own vehicle.

I think I would find a way to wind up in the same predicament with a scooter.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
I put my spare key in my wallet. I've locked myself out a couple of times, but since I had my wallet on me, it's been ok.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
That reminds me..I need to make a copy of my truck key. Only have one..

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I did that twice in about a three week span while visiting my mother in Georgia. My spare key was over here in Louisiana, so that definitely sucked. Luckily, Hyundai will send out a locksmith for free as part of their warranty; gotta love it.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
I've done that once.
I asked these two black guys in the parking lot for advice. They helped me get it out ;)
This is what I did:
Get a flathead screwdriver, and stick on the hinge of the door. Pry it open a little.. the door will bend enough for you to stick something in.
Get a wire coat hanger, and fish out the keys.
It took me 2 hours fishing it out with a flimsy wire in the dark.. but I got it out.
I treated myself to a two double double meal at innout for saving the $40 I would've spent to get a locksmith to come help me open it. :)

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003
Originally posted by: DLeRium
I still have never managed to do this...

i used to do it until i started getting vehicles with keyless entry

I dont see how its possible to lock yourself out on accident with keyless entry since you use the keys to lock the car

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
See, I have a key fob that I use to lock my doors. If I don't have the keys, I can't lock the car.

AgentJean

Banned
Jun 7, 2006
Here's an Idea.

Carry 2 set's of keys.

I have 1 set with a streamlight keymate and another set on a ASP palm-defender.
I carry both sets with me in separate pockets.

It is also a good idea to have a spare in a wallet just incase.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
call someone at home with your cellphone and have them unlock it with the spare key. that works, a friend's nigerian website told me.

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Trippin315
The key in the statement is that it has been done AGAIN.
I learned after one time.

While I'm making great strides forward in other areas of my life, having the common sense about car keys isn't one of em.

I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of AAA, though.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: virtualgames0
I've done that once.
I asked these two black guys in the parking lot for advice. They helped me get it out ;)
This is what I did:
Get a flathead screwdriver, and stick on the hinge of the door. Pry it open a little.. the door will bend enough for you to stick something in.
It took me 2 hours fishing it out with a flimsy wire in the dark.. but I got it out.
I treated myself to a two double double meal at innout for saving the $40 I would've spent to get a locksmith to come help me open it. :)

What kind of car was it?

imported_Trippin315

Golden Member
Nov 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Hossenfeffer
Originally posted by: Trippin315
The key in the statement is that it has been done AGAIN.
I learned after one time.

While I'm making great strides forward in other areas of my life, having the common sense about car keys isn't one of em.

I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of AAA, though.

I love AAA as well. Another thing that I have leaned and did not need a refresher course is how much gas is actually left when the light goes on.
AAA FTW once again.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: SmoochyTX
I've done that once.
This is what I did:

What kind of car was it?

92' Corolla.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
I've done that once.
This is what I did:

What kind of car was it?

92' Corolla.

:beer:

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
I've done that once.
This is what I did:

What kind of car was it?

92' Corolla.

:beer:
:wine:

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
my friend locked his in his car with it running in high school. poor bastid

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Did it only once. It was getting warmer in late winter so took off my outer coat and left it in the car. Left the keys in the pocket though. Lucky I keep my key fob in the pocket of the inside coat.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've gotten into the habbit of locking my car with my key... no problems since. :p
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny
I put my spare key in my wallet. I've locked myself out a couple of times, but since I had my wallet on me, it's been ok.
I also do this, just incase something weird happens.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
I've done that a few times this year for some reason, but my Ranger can be broken into in less than 5 seconds. I think that's a good thing.... :confused:

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny

Same here. I also gave my car and house keys to a friend who is almost always home.