Sweet Karma: Nature Style.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
Did you click that link?

You're saying that the Alaska Department of Wildlife doesn't know anything about wildlife?

"Bear hides are prized by hunters but the meat of a brown bear is generally considered unpalatable and hunters rarely eat it."

Plus hunting is a game where the other side doesn't even know they're playing.

The only time I've taken life was under orders, never for fun or to prove I'm a he man.

Your asking me if I clicked a link to read something someone said about something I know first hand about? OK, why would I do that?. I know several people who hunt and eat bear. I know of no one who hunts bear and does not eat bear. How many people do you know who hunt?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Most hunters shoot the bears, claim they want the meat, but they never actually process or eat the meat. The poor dead bear usually rots in a freezer for years and years until one day the wife demands he remove that crap from the freezer so she has room for their frozen pizzas.

My brother in law kept a dead deer in his garage in a freezer for 3 years until my sister demanded he GET RID OF IT, DAMN IT!!!!
To process dear meat into jerky was more expensive than simply buying a crap load of jerky, and forget the dead deer.
That reality finally hit home.
Lets face it. All they want to do is shoot innocent animals to act TOUGH for their buddies.
When there was a McDonald's right down the street serving up all the meat anyone could ever want.
If these guys want to shoot something annoying, and feel good about it, go blast away at one of those McDonald's kiosks.
Kill a kiosk, save a kid and his minimum wage job.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Most hunters shoot the bears, claim they want the meat, but they never actually process or eat the meat. The poor dead bear usually rots in a freezer for years and years until one day the wife demands he remove that crap from the freezer so she has room for their frozen pizzas.

My brother in law kept a dead deer in his garage in a freezer for 3 years until my sister demanded he GET RID OF IT, DAMN IT!!!!
To process dear meat into jerky was more expensive than simply buying a crap load of jerky, and forget the dead deer.
That reality finally hit home.
Lets face it. All they want to do is shoot innocent animals to act TOUGH for their buddies.
When there was a McDonald's right down the street serving up all the meat anyone could ever want.
If these guys want to shoot something annoying, and feel good about it, go blast away at one of those McDonald's kiosks.
Kill a kiosk, save a kid and his minimum wage job.

Or... They could just shoot each other..

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
But.... Do you eat meat? I mean I am not fond of the idea either but if I can eat it ... godadamnit man, I gotta be able to kill it.
I don't mind deer hunting and am all for the hunting of invasive species, but hunting of bear and other animal's that have small numbers and long reproductive cycles doesn't seem right to me. Especially since hunters are generally the anti-evolution, they look for the biggest, strongest animal, not the weak and sick.

Regardless, the people that feed deer all year, then shot them from a blind where the feeder was is bullshit and I hope the deer kicks them in the face.

Reactions: Bitek

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
100% idiotic for sure if that is the case! but we still dont know if, whom ever owns the right to hunt in those parts, had issued a regulation for said bear (I am translating this poorly from my native tounge, sorry). Maybe the bear was a danger to hikers or other prioritized wild life...
I am pretty sure Alaska handles that with their own game wardens. But Alaska does issue bear hunting licenses.

Nov 8, 2012
Noice. If they’re going to eat it that’s one thing. If it’s just thrill of shooting something frick em. :)

Yeap. My general stance on hunting.

From my understanding - Deer in general is actually very over-populated and is rather a general nuisance to humans. Hence... delicious sausage.

But killing for sport - especially a low (or rather non-overpopulated) species? Fuck you fuck you.

Reactions: Bitek

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Yeap. My general stance on hunting.

From my understanding - Deer in general is actually very over-populated and is rather a general nuisance to humans. Hence... delicious sausage.

But killing for sport - especially a low (or rather non-overpopulated) species? Fuck you fuck you.
And Deer is over-populated at least in part because we've killed off all the predators.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
You can color the California Grizzly extinct since 1975.

The only way to see the official State Animal today, is in a picture.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
And Deer is over-populated at least in part because we've killed off all the predators.
My brother lives in the outer Virginia, DC suburbs. They are everywhere, and a big hazard to vehicles. Problem is there's not enough room to hunt them even with shotguns.