Sweet, just scored two Wii's

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: RaiderJ
Originally posted by: SVT Cobra
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

I say sell both and then take that money and continue buying more until they are no longer in demand. You can always wait to play, and you can buy more games with the money you make if you think you can be sucessful judging off of the first sell.

I hate to say it, but that's what I would do (even though I'd be really tempted to keep one).

The more you guys post about it, the more I am thinking about doing it. Just called my local target and they still have 14 in stock.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: minendo
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

I say sell both and then take that money and continue buying more until they are no longer in demand. You can always wait to play, and you can buy more games with the money you make if you think you can be sucessful judging off of the first sell.

I hate to say it, but that's what I would do (even though I'd be really tempted to keep one).

The more you guys post about it, the more I am thinking about doing it. Just called my local target and they still have 14 in stock.

I just searched eBay for completed auctions for brand new Wii's with receipt, selling for around $350 - $400 + s/h.

Nov 5, 2001
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

you still living in Hutch?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
wow. almost tempting to ebay mine (3 wiimotes).

heh but the wife would get upset.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Well, off to a forum where I can list it forsale. :)
You're already here. Welcome :D.
Nope, looks like the mods are still prohibiting the sale of PS3 and Wii. :(
Ahhh, you made it sound like you were going to sell it for what you paid to help someone out, which I thought was ok.
I am, but you can't even do that per the sticky in FS/FT. :(

i'm sure a fellow atoter wouldn't mind sending you a pm and working something out.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

Yes. Just went back down there and they had 10 left. They would only let me buy one more. :(

Nov 5, 2001
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

Yes. Just went back down there and they had 10 left. They would only let me buy one more. :(

buy one, take to car, buy second, take to car, buy third, take to car...

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

buy one, take to car, buy second, take to car, buy third, take to car...

Tried that. They would not sell me any additional ones. I asked to see the policy and they provided nothing. I made a pretty big stink about it and was asked to leave the store.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

So did you buy one?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

So did you buy one?
Of course I did. Left the store and re-entered. I got kicked out for trying to buy another one.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

So did you buy one?
Of course I did. Left the store and re-entered. I got kicked out for trying to buy another one.

Send the woman to pick one up?

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Buy two Wii's
?????
Profit?

So did you buy one?

Just bring in your co-workers some coffee and some doughnuts and tell them they can have them, but first they have to make a little trip. That's what I used to do, and we'd have a great time doing it with the managers watching and not being able to do anything.