Sweet Jesus yes! Maffy check this out!

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Hey Skoorb, so remember how you were complaining about your spam? I was gone for 4 days over the weekend. I came back to check my e mail and I had 102 messages, 3 of which were legitimate. I've had enough and I finally figured out how to apply my own filters in netscape. Now the spam from the most common offendors gets deleted immediately. You can even have it logged so you know its working. I had the filters up for 10 minutes and they already caught 3 messages. Try Netscape Communicator 4.76, I bet you'll like it.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Jeses?

Is that anything like Reeses? lol

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
bump for sweet whittle skoorbie

Um. You posted this thread at 2:25am (PST), and bumped it at 3:52am (PST)... All I can say is :confused:

whiteboyatcal

Jul 1, 2002
spammers are somehow getting smart to some of those filters...we have a very good spam blocking system on our corporate e-mail and it seemed to be working perfectly...until one day when my boss recieved a nice e-mail regarding "hot teens" and embedded with pr0n pics. I went to his office because I wanted to inquire about something in the content of a recent corporate e-mail. So I stoll in and and the conversation goes something like this:

Me: Hey did you recieve that e-mail that was sent out this afternoon?
Boss: This one? *Turns around computer screen filled with pr0n images so I can see it*
Me: Ummm...no actually I was referring to the e-mail from corporate HQ
Boss: Ohhhhh....hey look at this, it says these girls are "barely legal" what does that mean?
Me: Ummmm..........

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: whiteboyatcal
spammers are somehow getting smart to some of those filters...we have a very good spam blocking system on our corporate e-mail and it seemed to be working perfectly...until one day when my boss recieved a nice e-mail regarding "hot teens" and embedded with pr0n pics. I went to his office because I wanted to inquire about something in the content of a recent corporate e-mail. So I stoll in and and the conversation goes something like this:

Me: Hey did you recieve that e-mail that was sent out this afternoon?
Boss: This one? *Turns around computer screen filled with pr0n images so I can see it*
Me: Ummm...no actually I was referring to the e-mail from corporate HQ
Boss: Ohhhhh....hey look at this, it says these girls are "barely legal" what does that mean?
Me: Ummmm..........

haha

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
bump for sweet whittle skoorbie

Um. You posted this thread at 2:25am (PST), and bumped it at 3:52am (PST)... All I can say is :confused:

Whoops.... I'm seven hours ahead over here and sometimes I forget that

Skoorb? Are you there? Can you hear someone calling you? I think he's trying to help you!

By the way, isn't there a blocking option on your e-mail account? I got so many junk mails at some point that I had to just limit my e-mail to those whom I expected mail from. Spending time to delete them was no fun. And before the spam blocking feature, sometimes I had to abandon my e-mail account (e.g., my hotmail e-mail account). I'm sure it was deleted ages ago. :)

P.S.: Are there actually people besides MAC users who use Netscape? Wow!

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
I almost missed this one and then I saw "Maffy" and cracked up laughing.

If anyone is on the couch, it is going to be ME! :)

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: luvly
P.S.: Are there actually people besides MAC users who use Netscape? Wow!

I use Netscape 4.76 to explore with the web. I turn off Java and Javascript before approaching webpages where I'm not too sure of the content. And I feel safest with Netscape in doing so. As an XML developer, I need to see how the output performs on Netscape was well as IE, too. (and isn't strange that pronouncing it is the same as the sounds people make when Godzilla stomps on their village???)

I don't like Mozilla 1.0. It has some nice features that I'd like to see in Netscape, but the codes is still too buggy and many of the old Netscape features do not work.

Opera is okay, too.

As to email, I use Eudora. I create my own filters and a have a garbage filter that gets most and dumps it into a garbage_mail folder. But that Eudora-created filthy language filter cracks me up (tone of letter is marked by "chilies"). A fun thing to do is try to write a nasty letter in such a way that it doesn't alert the chilies.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: MrsSkoorb
I almost missed this one and then I saw "Maffy" and cracked up laughing.

If anyone is on the couch, it is going to be ME! :)

I think it's only cause luvly bumped it....it was buried earlier...

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I use hotmail, lover! I don't think netscape will help me!!

I know you do my sweet whittle skoorbie, but I was suggesting that you change over to it. You must have some ISP that you are using at home that you could use Netscape with.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002

And another thing! Take that tone of voice with me again and you'll be on the couch tonite!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

I know you do my sweet whittle skoorbie, but I was suggesting that you change over to it. You must have some ISP that you are using at home that you could use Netscape with.
I can't because I change ISPs too much. I need a large reliable email provider.

Now put back the watermelon in the fridge, and I'll need my 1/4" diameter drill but put back in the toolbox also. How many times do I have to tell you?

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001

Now put back the watermelon in the fridge, and I'll need my 1/4" diameter drill but put back in the toolbox also. How many times do I have to tell you?

:Q

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002

LOL ouch! that was a good one :p By the way, you can also configure netscape to change isps along with you :p

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
By the way, you can also configure netscape to change isps along with you :p
I think he wants a consistent email address. :)