Sweet! Got an interview at Circuit City tomm (UPDATE: Got the Job!)

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Submitted the app online last night, got a callback this afternoon.... Talk about a fast turnaround.... I think i heard someone else on the forums mention they got called the next day as well...

Anyone know what the pay is? And any tips?

UPDATE:

Got the job!! Only thing that sucks is they dont have full-time right now, but i would get 30-35hrs per week.... They put me right into sales, which he said is very different from what they normally do...

Anyway, yea!

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
I believe they don't do commision anymore, only on extended warrenties. what dept are you applying fore?

can I be your friend? I need the discount :)

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
didn't you get a job in sarasota for some marketing position? what happened to that?

anyways... is it the circuit city in gainesville? can i get discounts? :p

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: fritolays
didn't you get a job in sarasota for some marketing position? what happened to that?

anyways... is it the circuit city in gainesville? can i get discounts? :p

I put in my 2 weeks... Boss had me working 10 hour days w/o overtime....

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
I heard there is commission, just not on everything like they used to. I believe pay is like $8 to start, and $10+ if you have experience...

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Congrats, just be glad you're not working for the evil empire (BB).

I worked for the evil empire for a few months. It really wasn't that bad, customers just demand way too much which makes the employees insane.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
CC is very good with hiring... I got a call back the same day, but partly probably because I used to work there back in 98. For thoose who mentioned commision... its gone 100% there is none what so ever. Benefits are decent with full time, but even part time gets paid time off which isnt too common for part time. It's also 100% better then working for Best Buy. I don't know what pay is for someone with no experience at retail. I think CC overall is a much better company then BB in every way. BB offered me a position also after I took my job at CC and I said no.... there is way too much stress there.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
former CC"er here also. wasn't a big fan of selling the warranty (i was in customer service too! my goal was like 1% a month)

but right when i left is when they started giving the PT'ers opportunity to earn time off. i miss my cc days. i miss my discount the most.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Ya they typically dont have alot of full time slots... but if you want it theyll usually give you near full time hours as a part timer... only big thing you lose IMO is health insurance if you need it and you get about 1/4 the paid time off as a full timer. The discount is nice and the atmosphere is not too bad IMO, 10x better then BB to work for.