svideo or composite?

allen074

Feb 2, 2003
hi,

i can do both svideo or standard rca into my avermedia card... will svideo really make a difference in the capture quality?

is this the reason i cant seem to get above 352 capture? i wanted to get the 720 dvd format

any help is greatly appreciated!

thank you

BongoDave

Mar 21, 2001
composite use 1 wire and svideo use 4 (1 per color and ground).
and for the number of line, it's ur capture card that can't get more line in a picture. I use to have a Matrox G200 and it would do 700X460!!!!???:confused: so in a TV, picture was a bit stetch. Get a better capture card or use a DV link to capture.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: BongoDave
and for the number of line, it's ur capture card that can't get more line in a picture. I use to have a Matrox G200 and it would do 700X460!!!!???:confused: so in a TV, picture was a bit stetch. Get a better capture card or use a DV link to capture.

S-Video also seperates the Chromience and the Luminence (color and light) so the shadows are more definate in the video.

allen074

Feb 2, 2003
thanks everyone - i think im gonna return the averdvd and i just ordered the leadtek from newegg

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: BongoDave

Component seperates the signal by color. S-Video seperates the chrominance (color) and the Luminance (brightness) channels. And RCA/composite (as mentioned) sends everything across smashed together. :)

Lethal