SVC, Is their customer service a thing of the past?

pigseye2

Oct 11, 1999
I have to admit I like SVC for the selection, prices, and relatively quick shipping but lately (over the last few months) their customer service has gone down hill. Here is what I experienced:

1) unanswered emails for shipping issues and RMAs
2) A shipment missing an item and when I called they said they would send out a replacement part, that was over 10 days ago
3) They rarely answer their phone now

What happened? Did they get to big to provide good customer service?

I'd like to hear what others have experienced to see if it's just a bad spell for me or if it is a general trend.

Thanks,
Pigseye

Kenny

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2002
I've never gotten good customer service from them, and I go there to pick up the items in person. Most of them have bad attitudes and they don't even greet me. I had to figure out how to order in person, and it was a pain. Other than bad service, quality and price of items make it worth going there.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: t60
I've never gotten good customer service from them, and I go there to pick up the items in person. Most of them have bad attitudes and they don't even greet me. I had to figure out how to order in person, and it was a pain. Other than bad service, quality and price of items make it worth going there.
I have never had a problem with them in my many (close to 50) orders from them. My most recent order included some Crystal LED fans and when they arrived one was dark blue and the other was a teal color. I sent an email stating that I had ordered two blue ones and they immediately shipped a new one out and told me to keep the teal colored one.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Pyonir, I think he is saying they are becoming bad not they always have been. Resellerratings reflect peoples past experiences but i have to agree with pigseye as of late SVC doesnt seem to be such a great company in terms of service. I wasn't too pleased myself with my past order from them.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Maleficus
Pyonir, I think he is saying they are becoming bad not they always have been. Resellerratings reflect peoples past experiences but i have to agree with pigseye as of late SVC doesnt seem to be such a great company in terms of service. I wasn't too pleased myself with my past order from them.

All of the comments on the first page are "Very Satisfied" and dated 7/7 & 7/8

pigseye2

Oct 11, 1999
Exactly Maleficus!

Pyonir and others,
I've placed maybe 8 to 10 orders from them over the last 18 months and their customer service is not as good as it used to be. And until recently, I never had a problem with an order either.

I don't think I should have to send 2 emails and call 3 times (Only once, was the call answered) for a shipment missing one 18" round IDE
cable.

In the end, I still think they are one of the better internet stores for prices, selection, and quick and realistic shipping costs. It's just kind of hit and miss now if there are problems with the order.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed since between them and Newegg, they really set a high standard for internet PC shops. Now my expectations are a little lower for them on the CS side.

Pigseye