Discussion Suspect points gun for failing to say thank you

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Guns are the language of white power.
That Venn diagram for guns is not a circle.

I own 4 shotguns, from semi-auto to breech load. They are strictly for outdoor gun range amusement. I don't hunt, and the odds I will need one for home defense is almost laughable it is so remote. I like guns, I think gun ownership is a good thing. However, I support enforcing the current laws far better, and adding more. Shit is out of control beyond any sane or civilized measure. Part of the reason for that is sloganeering like the above quote. It is bereft of any logic or reason.

I have asked gun nuts I know, if that slogan is true, then how come the Earps made you relinquish your weapon when entering town?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/gun-control-old-west-180968013/

It was better policed then than now. TV, movies, and yes, the NRA, have gaslit millions into having no idea what the fuck reality looks like anymore.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is what happens when you disrespect a person who hates himself but makes an effort to be nice to people anyway. If I were to tell you that you were an ignorant idiot for blaming this problem on the NRA or on guns you would feel the same way about me, disrespected because you already hate yourself. And what might really get your goat is the idea that there may be people who don't actually feel that way. But what would be the point of doing that.

And because it's America, young Black men already grow up with all manner of racist shit from White people looking to disrespect somebody so they can feel better about their own miserable selves. The more people get dumped on the easier they are to trigger. Ask any real deplorable.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic and Leeea

Drach

Apr 24, 2022
This is what happens when you disrespect a person who hates himself but makes an effort to be nice to people anyway. If I were to tell you that you were an ignorant idiot for blaming this problem on the NRA or on guns you would feel the same way about me, disrespected because you already hate yourself. And what might really get your goat is the idea that there may be people who don't actually feel that way. But what would be the point of doing that.

And because it's America, young Black men already grow up with all manner of racist shit from White people looking to disrespect somebody so they can feel better about their own miserable selves. The more people get dumped on the easier they are to trigger. Ask any real deplorable.
Dude you suck at being a human being, FFS
Set on ignored

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Dude you suck at being a human being, FFS
Set on ignored
Please don't disrespect me. It hurts my feelings. You weren't trying to do that I hope. I just wanted to hold the door open to let in some light for you. FFS

What exactly did you object to?

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic
Jul 9, 2009
"I support enforcing the current laws"
Is key, there are plenty of gun laws on the books, but if they're never enforced, or only enforced in very select, often partisan ways, they are a wasted.

• Haha
Jul 9, 2009
It's a far cry from the 1880's now. We actually allow people of color to carry firearms and even women now days. We also don't limit carrying firearms to friends, family, allies, cronies, supporters, people that donate and celebrities as the do and did in New York and various California Counties (Diane Feinstein anyone?) The new laws are much more egalitarian and free and support many more peoples Right to self defense.

"So far this year four states — Alabama, Ohio, Indiana and Georgia — have passed constitutional carry or permitless carry laws, making them the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th states to do so. Fifty percent of U.S. states have passed laws permitting constitutional carry or permitless carry in the last two decades."

• Haha

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's a far cry from the 1880's now. We actually allow people of color to carry firearms and even women now days. We also don't limit carrying firearms to friends, family, allies, cronies, supporters, people that donate and celebrities as the do and did in New York and various California Counties (Diane Feinstein anyone?) The new laws are much more egalitarian and free and support many more peoples Right to self defense.

"So far this year four states — Alabama, Ohio, Indiana and Georgia — have passed constitutional carry or permitless carry laws, making them the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th states to do so. Fifty percent of U.S. states have passed laws permitting constitutional carry or permitless carry in the last two decades."
It seems to me like when it comes to gun laws conservatives are liberals ald liberals are conservatives based on fear.

People who oppose guns and do not want anybody to own them including themselves have everything to fear from the fact that other people may be armed, be mentally ill and shoot them perhaps during some random instance of loss of self control, whereas for conservatives the loss of the right to bear arms just means you can be shot by somebody who does not care what the law is. Liberals tend, it seems, living in tightly packed cities, to fear the arms of other people, whereas more rural people fear not being able to be self reliant in their own self defense, as, generally speaking armed assistance is along time coming.

The problem, of course, is that the only fears that people deem rational are their own.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It was better policed then than now. TV, movies, and yes, the NRA, have gaslit millions into having no idea what the fuck reality looks like anymore.

Humans don't attach to objective reality. We just used to share a common faith that tended to align with it. The entities you describe helped change people's faith to something more ammo centric.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It seems to me like when it comes to gun laws conservatives are liberals ald liberals are conservatives based on fear.

People who oppose guns and do not want anybody to own them including themselves have everything to fear from the fact that other people may be armed, be mentally ill and shoot them perhaps during some random instance of loss of self control, whereas for conservatives the loss of the right to bear arms just means you can be shot by somebody who does not care what the law is. Liberals tend, it seems, living in tightly packed cities, to fear the arms of other people, whereas more rural people fear not being able to be self reliant in their own self defense, as, generally speaking armed assistance is along time coming.

The problem, of course, is that the only fears that people deem rational are their own.
Yes, guns are the magic topic that suddenly turn liberals into conservatives and conservatives into liberals. Or maybe nothing has switched and we're all gaslit into believing liberals believe something they don't believe YET AGAIN.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER