Susan Rice. Trump. Emails. Honestly I can't keep up anymore.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Having been bombarded with politics while in lockdown I am starting to lose track of whats going on.

Apparently she spied on Donald, then claimed she didnt, then got caught.
Is that right?
Does it prove Fox right? Are there conspiracies against the fat orange rapist?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Having been bombarded with politics while in lockdown I am starting to lose track of whats going on.

Is that right?

The only conspiracy against Trump is himself and his inability to control his behavior. Also National Review, its a shit source at this point.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The story does not support the notion that Rice knew there was "spying on the campaign". The campaign was over when Flynn spoke with Kislyak. It's National Review, so that sort of dishonesty is expected.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The next few months are not going to be a good look for Democrats. More stuff is being declassified every day. It also looks like idiot Schiff is eyeing another impeachment. Why not focus on beating Trump in the election? Because they know they don't have a candidate who can beat him, so they have to try every other tactic.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous
Dec 10, 2005
The next few months are not going to be a good look for Democrats. More stuff is being declassified every day. It also looks like idiot Schiff is eyeing another impeachment. Why not focus on beating Trump in the election? Because they know they don't have a candidate who can beat him, so they have to try every other tactic.
Yeah, why should people care about oversight from the coequal branch of government. Conservatives really hate the Constitution they are always touting.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You'd have to be in one heck of a reality-distortion bubble to think that Rice's email somehow looks bad for the *Dems*.

If anything it really demonstrates how utterly corrupt the current administration is where they are selectively declassifying and redacting documents to attack their political enemies and those documents just happen to show Obama specifically NOT doing that.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Article is ridiculous. It's urging its readers to draw conclusions which bear no relationship to the evidence it presents. The headline doesn't even match the content of the article.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If anything it really demonstrates how utterly corrupt the current administration is where they are selectively declassifying and redacting documents to attack their political enemies and those documents just happen to show Obama specifically NOT doing that.

Yet, if it were the Democrats looking at the same kind of stuff on Republicans, that would be A - OK with you guys. I know how this works. The left throws a fucking tantrum when anyone from their side is scrutinized for any reason. Well, I say keep crying, and we'll keep digging. lol

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yet, if it were the Democrats looking at the same kind of stuff on Republicans, that would be A - OK with you guys. I know how this works. The left throws a fucking tantrum when anyone from their side is scrutinized for any reason. Well, I say keep crying, and we'll keep digging. lol
Yes, I would LOVE it if the Republicans had a president who said 'play it by the book' when confronted with possible investigations of his political opponents. Instead we have a system where the president is using the department of justice to corruptly attack his enemies and get his friends off the hook.

What's sad is if Trump loses the DOJ really will have to go back and prosecute members of his administration and then conservatives are going to throw a temper tantrum about the DOJ being weaponized against them. In reality, they will be cleaning out the corruption Republicans put in it.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
If nothing else, this proves the nonexistence of ghosts. The late William F. Buckley, Jr. would never permit the National Review to descend to this level of supermarket tabloid.

Reactions: hal2kilo

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Damn, looks like preaching to the choir by Trump has taken his lying and conniving to a much higher level of stupid. I'm wondering if that stupidity is going to be matched by his base. Well, no, I have complete faith in his base that they and Trump are completely in sync as far as being stuck on stupid is concerned.

It's what they do.

They must absolutely love it that they're able to drag the rest of the nation into Trump's "New and Improved Swamp" along with them because for some odd reason, they think it will only hurt the commie liberals and not themselves.

Quixote dueling windmills got nothing on Trump and his boogeymen.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Can you provide an example of "the left throws a fucking tantrum when anyone from their side is scrutinized for any reason?" Or were you just projecting?

As it is, the Democrats' complaints with regards to this issue appear to be that the allegations being made by Republicans and the right-wing media don't bear any resemblance to the evidence. Or have you not read the email in question?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

And when you find nothing, like this, you'll always say it was something.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Can you provide an example of "the left throws a fucking tantrum when anyone from their side is scrutinized for any reason?" Or were you just projecting?

As it is, the Democrats' complaints with regards to this issue appear to be that the allegations being made by Republicans and the right-wing media don't bear any resemblance to the evidence. Or have you not read the email in question?

He just read the headline, as anticipated by the publisher.

Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yet, if it were the Democrats looking at the same kind of stuff on Republicans, that would be A - OK with you guys.

you invent this simply because you need to believe it to justify your own--in this ocmment--admitted bias against the law and honesty.

you assume everyone else thinks as you do, so it justifies your rotten behavior. This is why you are broken. This is why the country fails. It is because vile people like you claim to be patriots.

I know how this works.

clearly, you don't.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
He just read the headline, as anticipated by the publisher.

Yes. And this headline:

Newly Declassified Susan Rice Email Contradicts 2017 Claim That She Had No Knowledge of Trump Campaign Surveillance

stands in stark contrast to

During a 2017 interview on PBS’s News Hour, Rice said she was “surprised” by reports from then-House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes (R., Calif.) that communications from Trump and other officials may have been swept up as part of surveillance activities against foreign actors.

Trump transition team, not campaign. Not under surveillance. Were identified incidental to the surveillance of foreign officials.

The headline is worse than a spin. It's more like a flat out lie. The content of the article itself proves as much before you even get 2 paragraphs in. But then, they know lots of people only read the headline.

Reactions: jman19 and Aegeon

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Full text of email:

I’ve read through it 3 times and I cannot for the life of me connect anything here to any grand “Obamagate” conspiracy against Trump or Flynn. Contrary to Team Trump reporting, Flynn (and the broader Trump team) were briefed on Russian interference efforts before inauguration, and Trump was warned about Flynn. Show me where something was “not done by the book” please?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You know, in your case FOX news and right wing conspiracy nuts are your friends!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Yes. And this headline:

Newly Declassified Susan Rice Email Contradicts 2017 Claim That She Had No Knowledge of Trump Campaign Surveillance

stands in stark contrast to

Trump transition team, not campaign. Not under surveillance. Were identified incidental to the surveillance of foreign officials.

The headline is worse than a spin. It's more like a flat out lie. The content of the article itself proves as much before you even get 2 paragraphs in. But then, they know lots of people only read the headline.
Yet FOX and compuwiz1 will grab it and run with it......

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Is that right?
It actually proves the opposite. That everything was explicitly done by the book. Big fail on Trump fake news front.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I’m not totally clear on the term gaslighting but is this an example?

Yes, I think that term would apply since the e-mail says essentially the opposite of the claim being made.

An example of gaslighting: when I was young, my dad came home one evening on St. Patrick Day. He had been drinking. My mother had poured him a glass of beer with the dinner she made. She decided to play a practical joke on him. She put green dye in the beer. When he asked why his beer was green, she said, "what are you talking about? The beer is normal color." In a dead serious tone. My sister and I played along with it. And my dad became quite flustered, then quieted down. We had him convinced that he was so drunk he was hallucinating the green color.