survey on iraq war (about 10 min)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: MrSpadge
As promised here are the results:
http://www.winipuh.de/results.pdf

The german version looks somewhat nicer, but I didn't want to correct it again. It should be good enough to look at it anyway ;)

Regards & Thx,
MrS / Stephan

Heh - I'm not suprised at the differences in the German vs American responses at all. I did however find it interesting that "international" responses seemed to be between both of them for all the questions as a whole. I'd be interested to get a French column added to that too;) Any guesses on how they'd answer?:p

Thanks
CkG

MrSpadge

Sep 29, 2003
> Heh - I'm not suprised at the differences in the German vs American responses at all.

Well, I am ;)
Actually, I expected the difference to be even bigger. But this way it looks OK. Many Americans have a different opinion, but they're in no way insane or whatever. That's one point I wanted to proof.
The French? Sadly there were none of them participating. I guess they'll answer a bit different than the Germans.

MrS

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
1. From which country are you?
US

2. Your general attitude towards the Iraq war?

b) I like Saddam being removed, but dislike the way it happened

3. Do you believe today that there was a real and immediate threat to the USA because of Saddams weapons of mass destruction (WMD)?

b) no, but I've changed my mind since no WMDs were found after the war

4. Do you think today that Saddam worked together with al-Qaida in the field of terror?
a) no

5. Can the ?war against terror? be won by the military?
a) no, there may be some quick and short success, but in the end the terror gets worse

6. Did the Iraqi want to be liberated and democratized?
b) the Kurds* and Schiits* certainly wanted freedom, though it's questionable what government they want [* peoples in Iraq]

7. Was the war for oil?
a) Yeah!

8. Was Bush influenced by his lobby? (the oil- and weapon firms)
a) obvisously yes

9. Are you afraid the ?war against terror? is used to cut the Americans civil rights?
a) that's a serious threat

10. What about the concept of preemptive self defense, as used to justify iraq war?
[multiple choice if needed]

e) to a): they already do, there's nothing new with what the USA did

MrSpadge

Sep 29, 2003
Sorry, the survey is already over!

Is there a way I can close this topic or edit the description? If someone want's to discuss the results I don't want to block them either..

MrS