Survey: 38 percent of gamers are women who play about 7.4 hours a week

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Completely shens. Surveys like that skew results like mad. Male gamers are like meh, survey. Female gamers are like, fuck yea, let me represent myself as a female gamer and fill this out. Skewed results FTL.

Edit: The only way to accurately reflect the male/female ratio is to have a completely random selection of the entire population, not just gamers. Ask: Sex?, Play games?, If so, how long?. Take all the data, determine what percent of the gaming population is female.

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
ATOT is also not a game... its a tech forum, if they said 38% of tech forums members who posted were female your logic could apply.

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
It seems every game i play there 1 female out of 10 or 20. That could be because i dont play wow or everquest.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: mugs
I don't believe it. Does that include Flash games?

Probably does include those 'games'. Think about all the women that play Solitaire and Bejeweled.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
The game features a strong, female lead character named "Cassie," who while being as tough as her male counterparts, is also attractive without being as overly-sexualized as other female game characters, such as "Lara Croft."

Check pictures 2 and 7 in the slideshow.
That's not over-sexualized?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
its bullsh*t
they probably include web flash games and solitaire in those kind of stats to get them higher.
as for over sexualized..meh, who cares. chick flick films are too relationship orientated:p so what.
http://yogan.meinungsverstaerk.../fun/female_gamers.jpg
its just politics by feminists who want to get concessions from industry and such for their "programs"

imported_yovonbishop

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Agentbolt
Little old ladies playing Bejeweled online are screwing up those numbers.

Hey, my grandma plays Bejeweled!:|

Oh, wait.

Nah, I wouldn't consider myself a "gamer" in the least bit. I play Halo 3 for probably 5-7 hours in a week. Sometimes less, sometimes more. It's still fun though.

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Yeah, I'm sure the statistic includes people playing solitaire and stuff like that. They are not "gamers" in our sense of the word.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I call shens. The games that come with a Windows install don't count (I was going to also suggest that Linux games don't count either, but girlz don't uze linux!!)

nboy22

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2002
Most of the girls I've met in college play or will play guitar hero.... enough said.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Originally posted by: nboy22
Most of the girls I've met in college play or will play guitar hero.... enough said.

QFT. Well actually, one girl in my roomate's Choir came over to play Halo 3 a few days ago.

She was no good though :D