Surprised the Repub congress hasnt abolished the CBO

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Congressional Budget Office

the cbo keeps giving the Repub regime bad news about their plans to make the 1%'ers richer at the cost of everyone else.
or at least stack the office with Repub lackeys that give out alternate facts

ie: Trumpcare will cost more and have 26 MILLION fewer people insured than Obamacare

Reactions: DarthKyrie

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
They don't need to do anything. Their base will continue to vote for them and so will independents because liberals are so divisive.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Jan 25, 2011
When the people who support you summarily reject any and all contrary information, no matter how factually based, there's no need to abolish another "enemy of the people".

Feb 4, 2009
OP may be off a bit the brief reading I did about it still sucks but it was 22 million off insurance, 20 or 30% slower cost increases but enormous increases on 50 years or older people.
again brief reading I may be wrong
It does lower the deficit by a few hundred billion but the revenue lost by tax cuts cost almost double what is being saved. If the purpose is to cut the deficit why not keep the taxes in place or play nice and cut them by 50% and use the extra toward debt reduction?

I know the real answer, so don't bother telling me.

Last edited:

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
People that dont like ACA should be able to opt out and purchase an alternative product that costs less.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I was watching a show from Korea that was subtitled. It was about the Great Queen Seon Deok. Circa 800 ad Mishil one of the leaders of the ruling class was discussing the lot of the common people with the young princess (16 years old). The Princess says she would take care of the people. Then Mishil looks at her and tells her that no matter how much she helps the commoners they will never be satisfied. The same is true today. The more money we spend on the poor the more they will want more money.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I was watching a show from Korea that was subtitled. It was about the Great Queen Seon Deok. Circa 800 ad Mishil one of the leaders of the ruling class was discussing the lot of the common people with the young princess (16 years old). The Princess says she would take care of the people. Then Mishil looks at her and tells her that no matter how much she helps the commoners they will never be satisfied. The same is true today. The more money we spend on the poor the more they will want more money.
Yes, let's keep blaming the victims of society.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Yeah, @piasabird, all those ungrateful goddamn commoners, needing to eat and stuff. Fuck them. They should eat once when they're 5 and never need food or water or shelter again, right?

Go. To. Hell.

Reactions: Ns1

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

Agreed, better to just let them die. Because American exceptionalism.