Surface / Touchscreen Windows Apps

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by SpatiallyAware, Feb 13, 2013.

1. SpatiallyAware

This is a thread for discussion of apps specific to the surface and other touch screen windows 8 devices.

I'm looking for two things.. One is an easy 'from the desktop' method of adjusting the brightness of the surface screen. Currently you have to go through power management, the quickest way I've found is through the battery meter on the start menu.

Another thing that would be nice is decent forum browsing software. As buggy as it is, I really like tapatalk on my ipad. I would love to have something similar, as browsing in IE or firefox without a stylus is a pain. I've looked at installing bluestack (android emulator) but it doesn't seem like a polished solution.

2. amerifax

amerifax Member

I could only watch about a minute, because the video keeps on stopping on me. . That's because of the lousy video system that I will be departing from when I go to my new computer. but I did see a rather sarcastic remark about what country.

That said. I am bi and an Asus portable computer that does not have touchscreen. . I'm hoping there is something similar tools. The sizes of aid tablet where I could hook it up to my computer given me the ability to create finger drawings with Windows 8. , but I have not been able to find a touchscreen tablet or display of any type that I can hook up to my Windows 8.

Bob

3. Rhonda the Sly

Rhonda the Sly Senior member

Settings Charm > Brightness, no?

4. Roland00Address

Roland00Address Golden Member

Adjust the brightness

1) Open the charm menu from moving your finger from the right side of the screen moving towards the menu
    2) Click settings
    3) Click brightness
    4) You now have a touch screen brightness bar (similar to a volume bar) where you can adjust brightness from min to max.

5. amerifax

amerifax Member

Has anyone found a display device that would act more as a table for drawing?
    Bob