Sure lets open the borders up and allow any Tom Dick or Harry drive on our roads.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
how do you know that's not an American truck driver behind the wheel?

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
And American's drive any better?

Just from my personal observations of driving in Atlanta for almost 10 years and elsewhere for almost 10 years before that, professional truck drivers are some of the better drivers on the roads of America. Especially considering the size and weight of the vehicles they drive. There are exceptions of course.

It is generally the daily commuters and stupid teenagers that cause the majority of accidents.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
And American's drive any better?

Just from my personal observations of driving in Atlanta for almost 10 years and elsewhere for almost 10 years before that, professional truck drivers are some of the better drivers on the roads of America. Especially considering the size and weight of the vehicles they drive. There are exceptions of course.

It is generally the daily commuters and stupid teenagers that cause the majority of accidents.

I concur on truckers usually being the better drivers...

Worst imho would be the teenagers and soccer moms on their cell phones or putting on makeup...

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
I have nothing but respect for truck drivers. They have to deal with assholes and idiots all day, every day.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I used to be one for over 10 years before getting hurt and in the 10 years I have never had one accident. Not only while driving a truck, I havent even had one in my own car since driving at the age of 14, legally at 16. You have some that suck at it yes, but here in this Country your required to pass tests, go to driving school, and now a days its 100x worse to try to be a truck driver with even more schooling, test passing, and requirements then ever.

My main bitch is when they open the border, most of them dont have even close to the training we do, nor have then been in situations that suck as we have in different Cities. For instance say going to LA or NY, or Chicago and navigate those hell holes with no experience to deal with that kind of traffic, parking, narrow streets, and hordes of people walking all over.

Thats when it will show how bad of an idea it is to make it super hard for an American to get a truck drivers license in America, but allow any ass hat from another country right on over and kill us because they have no clue how to react to actual cars and people on the roads vs dirt empty roads with the occasional cow or goat in the way.

Not saying everyone is going to be like that, but once it is in place and tons of people line up for truck driving jobs in other counties where they have no experience, cant speak Engrish, and cant control a bicycle on the road let alone a 50 ton big rig, then your going to see Americans die on the road side, and our insurance go way up even more then because the roads will of become the worst in the world to be on.

Feb 6, 2007
Not very many Toms, Dicks or Harrys in Mexico. Maybe the occasional Tomás, Ricardo or Geraldo.

You make me ashamed of being American. You're complaining about immigrants driving while casually throwing out that you started driving, unlicensed, at 14. Your rampant ignorance and xenophobia offers little in the way of a solution to this perceived problem, so your rant just comes off sounding like you're some backwoods farmer with fewer brains than teeth (and fewer teeth than toes) jumping up and down with a pitchfork screaming that them "immigints" are stealing your land.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
Not very many Toms, Dicks or Harrys in Mexico. Maybe the occasional Tomás, Ricardo or Geraldo.

You make me ashamed of being American. You're complaining about immigrants driving while casually throwing out that you started driving, unlicensed, at 14. Your rampant ignorance and xenophobia offers little in the way of a solution to this perceived problem, so your rant just comes off sounding like you're some backwoods farmer with fewer brains than teeth (and fewer teeth than toes) jumping up and down with a pitchfork screaming that them "immigints" are stealing your land.

You know whats really funny is how people see Dyer TN and think I lived here my whole life and im a redneck. Im from Chicago :p Moved here 3 years ago almost because property is silly cheap.

And when I learned how to drive at 14, I lived in a small town called Lake Lotawana MO where there was mostly at that time nothing but dirt roads all by myself. I wasnt endangering anyone but myself in learning how to drive, and I wasnt delivering good in a big rig back then neither. And had it not been for what I done, learning how to drive that young, I prolly couldnt say I been accident free for over 21 years I been driving. Did you ever think of that? No :p

And there is no solution that can be had, its the government doing it to line their pockets with green, you cant make them stop when money in their pockets are involved and anyone else on the ground floor of this project. That be like saying right now, ok pack up the war in Iraq, were done here. Wont happen, too good of a money train going on still there.

xochi

Jan 18, 2000
Originally posted by: funboy42
I mean shit, they are all safe drivers as well, and would be happy to have them on our roads next to me having kids and wife in the car with me.

All new truck drivers that want to drive in our own country have to be super tested out now a days, to a point they are trying to make sure no American can get behind a truck, but will open the borders to let these kinds off ass hats on the road with us instead. I dont see anything bad ever going to happen when this takes place. Nope not a one :p

That Youtube link is not from any highway in the US, the comments say its European probably from Greece. Are you worried about Greek Truck Drivers comming to the US and causing havoc?

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: xochi
I mean shit, they are all safe drivers as well, and would be happy to have them on our roads next to me having kids and wife in the car with me.

All new truck drivers that want to drive in our own country have to be super tested out now a days, to a point they are trying to make sure no American can get behind a truck, but will open the borders to let these kinds off ass hats on the road with us instead. I dont see anything bad ever going to happen when this takes place. Nope not a one :p

That Youtube link is not from any highway in the US, the comments say its European probably from Greece. Are you worried about Greek Truck Drivers comming to the US and causing havoc?

Damn people are dense. I know where it is from, I just used it as an example as to what kind of drivers to expect on our road ways, in conjunction to some of our own shitty drivers. We have our own to deal with, then when the borders open up have our own, to have a massive amount of drivers like in the video to contend with on the roadways.

xochi

Jan 18, 2000
Originally posted by: xochi

Damn people are dense. I know where it is from, I just used it as an example as to what kind of drivers to expect on our road ways, in conjunction to some of our own shitty drivers. We have our own to deal with, then when the borders open up have our own, to have a massive amount of drivers like in the video to contend with on the roadways.

I missed where you said this is example of a bad bad truck driver from Europe. Who would'nt be concerned about European drivers coming to the US and causing havoc. I'm procuring a set of new spectacles pronto!!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
funboy - do you have any statistics on accidents caused by Mexican truck drivers and American truck drivers?

Aug 23, 2000

What it really boils down to is it going to cost America more than it saves as a lot of truckers are going to be out of jobs, and that money the Mexican trucker is making is going back to Mexico.

Why the fuck can't any politician figure this out. Letting foreigners in to work is a bad idea.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
OP, do you REALLY think the Mexican drivers will be that good?

Based on my 20 years in Kahleeforneeya, and seeing the way most of the illegals ( and legal ones too) drive, I'd doubt they'd be doing the passing. Most of them drive down the freeway at 45 or so...PLUS, IF they did try to pass, they'd probably sideswipe the vehicle being passed...then they'd run back to Mexico to avoid prosecution...:D

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

What it really boils down to is it going to cost America more than it saves as a lot of truckers are going to be out of jobs, and that money the Mexican trucker is making is going back to Mexico.

Why the fuck can't any politician figure this out. Letting foreigners in to work is a bad idea.

Do you shop at Wal-mart?

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Well done taking a random YouTube video of some dick in Greece and making all about how you hate Mexicans. :thumbsup: