Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Cameras. I feel like there are bigger fish to fry.

When do we get an investigation into who paid off Kavanaugh's credit card debt and country club fees, then his $1.2mil mortgage?

Thomas should be impeached and removed. The country can't tell him to leave his wife, but it can insist he quit his job when she is a traitor and he refuses to recuse himself from issues that involve her. His vote on the Trump records proves he is willing to break his oath of office to protect her.

Voters need to pull off another stomping, the Dems can't fix much if they don't have a real working majority. Returning democratic legitimacy and credibility to the SCOTUS cannot happen soon enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
It's a little ironic that people are upset at the questions in this confirmation. The way she is treated. After the past few, were treated so terribly by the Dems. It is not even close. It has been very respectful considering the past few.

But as I have said in the past, the Dems love racism and sexism. Time and time again this has been proven true. When it helps them. It should have NEVER been allowed, that Biden said he is only going to consider a black female. What is a CEO of a company said they only wanted a such and such for his #2. Well, it would never be allowed. Because it is illegal. And he probably would have been fired. You cannot legally hire someone based solely on their race or sex. That is a fact.

It is also a disservice to any candidate, they will forever be remembered as being appointed for being black and female. Not on their merit. That is sad. Not considering anyone else, is an injustice and is illegal. Why shouldn't Hispanics be considered? Native Americans? Asians? Etc. Why no men?

Same thing happened with the VP, and look how that turned out. Terribly.

Republicans tried to nominate a black female to a lower court, in hopes of one day appointing to the Supreme Court. Biden, for over 2 years filibustered her. The same thing he now claims is racist and from the Crow era (his era). Yet he did it, he was in charge, and didn't let it come to a vote.

Trying to right racist wrong with more racism is not going to work. It should not work. Black people have been looked over for jobs in the past, there is no denying this. Trying to right the wrong, by applying the same racist and sexist practices is ridiculous. It is not a way to move forward. I don't know anyone who doesn't want a black female on the highest courts. I do know people who don't like racism to make it happen though. All candidates should be considered. If its a black female, so be it. Great, glass ceiling broken. If it is not, then that is the way it works. The best should be chosen, not even considering a HUGE majority of people is not the best way to select a candidate.

It will be funny when a new hire of some job is someone the left doesn't approve of, and racism/sexism will be the excuse. I will point back to this.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It's a little ironic that people are upset at the questions in this confirmation. The way she is treated. After the past few, were treated so terribly by the Dems. It is not even close. It has been very respectful considering the past few.

But as I have said in the past, the Dems love racism and sexism. Time and time again this has been proven true. When it helps them. It should have NEVER been allowed, that Biden said he is only going to consider a black female. What is a CEO of a company said they only wanted a such and such for his #2. Well, it would never be allowed. Because it is illegal. And he probably would have been fired. You cannot legally hire someone based solely on their race or sex. That is a fact.

It is also a disservice to any candidate, they will forever be remembered as being appointed for being black and female. Not on their merit. That is sad. Not considering anyone else, is an injustice and is illegal. Why shouldn't Hispanics be considered? Native Americans? Asians? Etc. Why no men?

Republicans tried to nominate a black female to a lower court, in hopes of one day appointing to the Supreme Court. Biden, for over 2 years filibustered her. The same thing he now claims is racist and from the Crow era (his era). Yet he did it, he was in charge, and didn't let it come to a vote.

Trying to right racist wrong with more racism is not going to work. It should not work. Black people have been looked over for jobs in the past, there is no denying this. Trying to right the wrong, by applying the same racist and sexist practices is ridiculous. It is not a way to move forward. I don't know anyone who doesn't want a black female on the highest courts. I do know people who don't like racism to make it happen though. All candidates should be considered. If its a black female, so be it. Great, glass ceiling broken. If it is not, then that is the way it works. The best should be chosen, not even considering a HUGE majority of people is not the best way to select a candidate.

It will be funny when a new hire of some job is someone the left doesn't approve of, and racism/sexism will be the excuse. I will point back to this.

So republicans aren’t asking any questions related to racism and sexism? Which channel are you watching this nomination on?

Are you also implying that because Biden said he wanted a black female Justice that meansthat it’s impossible for her to be qualified as well? Interesting logic you’ve got there.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Great shit-tier logic.

Stick to the Stromfront forums where people will mistake you for a functioning human.

• Haha
Reactions: Burpo and dank69

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
her.

Voters need to pull off another stomping, the Dems can't fix much if they don't have a real working majority. Returning democratic legitimacy and credibility to the SCOTUS cannot happen soon enough.

Only one side is getting stomped this cycle, I'm afraid. You will never get the "Democratic supermajority" that you describe.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

But as I have said in the past, the Dems love racism and sexism. *mindless bullshit snipped for brevity*

Heh.

Well as we've said in the past, you are a raging biased hypocrite who can't support his positions with analysis or facts. You only seem capable of revisionist history and regurgitating Tucker Carlson's tripe.

There are several other threads here where you shit posted and ran, like the little bitch Fox and talk radio have trained you to be. So please, do fuck off. You pissed away whatever credibility you had here long ago. GQP is doing everything they can to push minorities and women into 2nd class citizens status, with only the Dems in the way, and you are seriously here proclaiming the Dems to love racism and sexism. Haha!

Pull your head out of Tucker's ass, have some fucking self respect. Your politics are dumb enough on their own, you don't need to compound it acting like a zealot with a massive head wound.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Only one side is getting stomped this cycle, I'm afraid. You will never get the "Democratic supermajority" that you describe.

We have a long thread on the Ukraine invasion which you should probably check out Eeyore. In particular, one poster there demonstrated what absolute certitude in the face of differing world events does to one's credibility. To be fair he owned it, but posters like you could learn from that.

Take your misgivings about Biden as an example, then contrast them to how he's been knocking it out of the park lately. There might be hope for you yet, but like everything else - we'll see.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

If ever a post diverged from "The Democrats are the real racists" theme you might be at least minimally interesting but alas it is clearly not to be.

The constitution lists no qualifications to sit on the Supreme Court. All the arguments about "the best" or whatever are motivated ones at best and dishonest at worst (like the above).

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Apparently Teddy’s own daughters attend an anti-racist private school in Houston. School leadership made it a point to reaffirm their stance after his remarks at Jackson’s hearing.
Yep, it's in the article that the school has some of those books in it's library.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Interesting @Ackmed is fine with stating "I will nominate a woman" as long as she's white (Regan and Trump) but he only objects when that woman is black. Your white hood is showing.

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

why do pedophiles such as yourself deign to offer their meaningless opinion about non-pedophiles?

I'm legitimately curious.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
No matter what Biden said or didn’t say about who he was going to nominate, Republicans and other race baiters were always going to label her an affirmative-action hire. She's more experienced than a few of the 4 most recent judges. She’s highly rated by the ABA, and has no real issues in her history. When he announced that he was going to nominate a black woman, it very could have been because he’d already considered the group of qualified candidates and determined that one (or more) black women were at the top of that list.

She’s going to be confirmed with slightly more than 50 votes, there may be a handful of GOP votes that could shift one way or another but the vast majority are set in stone. The purpose of these hearings for the Republicans are to generate sound bites for campaign ads and right wing commentators to claim the Biden is put someone on the supreme court who supports child molesters and doesn’t know the difference between a man and a woman.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
No matter what Biden said or didn’t say about who he was going to nominate, Republicans and other race baiters were always going to label her an affirmative-action hire. She's more experienced than a few of the 4 most recent judges. She’s highly rated by the ABA, and has no real issues in her history. When he announced that he was going to nominate a black woman, it very could have been because he’d already considered the group of qualified candidates and determined that one (or more) black women were at the top of that list.

She’s going to be confirmed with slightly more than 50 votes, there may be a handful of GOP votes that could shift one way or another but the vast majority are set in stone. The purpose of these hearings for the Republicans are to generate sound bites for campaign ads and right wing commentators to claim the Biden is put someone on the supreme court who supports child molesters and doesn’t know the difference between a man and a woman.

I came across an op-ed from the National Review that said the "one valid reason" to opposed KJB was because she "couldn't define a woman"

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I don't even watch these hearings anymore, just counting the votes, and it looks like she has enough.
They'll grandstand and say whatever they think their base wants to hear. What matters is the result.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I don't even watch these hearings anymore, just counting the votes, and it looks like she has enough.
They'll grandstand and say whatever they think their base wants to hear. What matters is the result.

Me either. They are just an opportunity for blowhard Senators to pontificate and grandstand before the TV cameras. The nominee is a secondary character in this play.