Supreme commander wont work

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Ok ive been at this crap for ages... please help!

Since the gas powered games auto updater crashes and i couldnt find one big patch for sup com ive had to painstakingly download every incremental patch since retail which is utter bullcrap to begin with.

Retail worked generally well, camera constantly going back to default is a pita so i hoped a patch may fix this or give an option for it not to do this, im currently at build 3269 and i get an "unable to start please verify your system meets minimum requirements" message....

Im running:

Dell Vostro 1700 laptop
Core 2 duo T7300
8600mGT - with laptops2go driver 169.09
2GB ram
Vista ultimate x64

Ive googled this for a while and all the solutions are crap that dont work or along the lines of "buy c&c 3 noob". Ive deleted the cache folder and game.prefs file in documents and settings, the game does start, but theres no startup movie no background video either and when i try to start the campaign it crashes and says cannot save to some dump file in the documents and settings bit, also if i try and change resolution before starting the campaign with the game in this state it will just leave me with a big grey square back at the desktop and it dosent actually change the res and bring me back to the game.

EDIT: adding "/novalidate" to the target seemed like a good solution, but it wont let me add it, is this a vista thing? It tells me the targets not valid when i put that after the quotation marks, i tried reversing the / to a \, tried using a - instead and tried just putting novalidate on its own, no joy.