Supreme Commander Expansion coming

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
THQ Announces Supreme Commander(TM): Forged Alliance For Windows PC Coming in November 2007
Standalone Title in Real Time Strategy Franchise to Offer Mysterious New Faction and Expansive Single-Player Campaign
AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 28, 2007--THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) today announced Supreme Commander(TM): Forged Alliance, the next chapter in the critically-acclaimed real-time strategy (RTS) franchise, is scheduled to ship for Windows PC in November 2007. Developed by renowned RTS designer Chris Taylor and his Gas Powered Games studio, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance follows the epic story of the original game in the aftermath of the Infinite War. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance will be available as a standalone title offering full compatibility with the original game, enabling all-new strategic options.
"Supreme Commander raised the standard for scope and scale in the RTS genre and is one of the highest rated strategy games of all time," said Bob Aniello, senior vice president of worldwide marketing, THQ. "Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is pushing the boundaries yet again promising an exciting new chapter to fans worldwide."
"Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is not only the continuation of the epic story that is unfolding inside the game's universe, it is the continuation of our goal to move the bar for RTS gaming even higher than ever," says Chris Taylor, CEO of Gas Powered Games. "Forged Alliance offers over 100 new units, more maps and an entirely new faction... we are stuffing this game with all kinds of new features!"
About Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is the next chapter in the critically acclaimed Supreme Commander franchise that set the standard for scope and scale in the RTS genre. The game continues the epic story following the Infinite War, featuring an all-new single-player campaign, a new faction and a myriad of innovative multiplayer features. More than one hundred new units will give players access to cutting-edge strategic options, including fully realized navies, orbital weaponry and advanced counter intelligence technologies. Developed by Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is expected to be available in retail outlets worldwide in November 2007.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
I love SupCom, but I don't want to be lied to again. Chris Taylor road the DX10 bandwagon like crazy, and turned right around and canceled the patch. He then allowed his minions and the jackass forum bunnies to bad mouth anyone who dared to be dissapointed. I might buy FA, but I'm going to have to see some SWEET customer service\support before I do.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: manowar821
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TehMac
SupCom = big let down.</end quote></div>

Your opinion != Fact

si senor

Dimmu

Jun 24, 2005
Originally posted by: TehMac
SupCom = big let down.

Meh, I like it, it's good fun. I'll wait to see some reviews to decide whether or not I'll buy the expansion though.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

Your opinion != Fact

Yea, starcrafts still never been toppled as my fav RTS.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Soviet
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: manowar821

Your opinion != Fact</end quote></div>

Yea, starcrafts still never been toppled as my fav RTS.

The "!=" sign means that his opinion is not fact. I was not agreeing with him.

I love supcom, it's my favorite RTS to date.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Soviet
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: manowar821

Your opinion = Fact</end quote></div>

Yea, starcrafts still never been toppled as my fav RTS.</end quote></div>

There you go, ive corrected it for you.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'll try to contain my enthusiasm.
I did Supreme Commander for a little while and then realized Chris Taylor had the same problem as John Carmack: Lost his connection with the FUN!
The resulting game was very pretty but not as enjoyable as the originals.

Act of War still keeps me going after all this time. It wasnt a letdown because they didnt hype it at all. They just came out with a good came and that was enough. I was able to be pleasantly suprised and find some entertainment at the same time.

I think I will wait for a LOT of reviews on this expansion before I get it.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
i read its standalone...what exactly does that mean? you dont have to have supcom to play it?

Exactly, but both games are going to be integrated in some way too.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Yep, standalone. Probably like the Warhammer ones where you need both titles installed though to get all units/maps/special abilities and what not.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
so is it like a new game then?

New? In the strictest sense of the word, no. It should have some shiney new toys to play with and others enhancements. I won't buy it straight off the line like I did SupCom, though. Like someone else said, it'll take some solid, hype-free reviews to get me going this time. The way it looks RIGHT now, Chris Taylor is a opportunistic liar, and GPG let's a bunch of ass-kissing thugs run their forum.