Support for gay marriage may be leveling off

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Your argument is against all marriage, not same sex marriage.

Not really. My argument is that marriage isn't about individual liberty. In fact its pretty hard to see how legally and socially binding yourself to another person could be about individual liberty, its pretty much the exact opposite.

And, gay people suing business for discrimination against what they are attempting to make a protected class (sexuality) is a bad thing? What alternative would you suggest? They do the "good Christian thing" and assassinate the baker? How about firebomb the bakery? Or, you'd rather they just suffer in silence?

Well its pretty damn hypocritical to claim that same-sex marriage won't affect others and then sue people who won't celebrate your same-sex marriage.

Also the bolded is pretty much making TH point. Gay people want to be a special protected class. ie special rights.

As for the alternative how about going to a gay baker? Or going down to Walmart and getting some cake mix?

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
How about we pass a law that says only white males can own property. How about it, you in? No blacks, no women, no asians,,,, nobody but white men can own property.

That is what gays want, right? They want their own rights but screw everyone else.

We are told this is a privacy issue. What gays do in their bedroom in none of your business. What abut my rights and my privacy? Am I not as deserving as a gay person? Surely I have a right to privacy also?

Wot?? Own rights...? I'm pretty sure they just want EQUAL rights. Not their own.

How do you not have the right to privacy, TH? No clue wtf you are trying to say here.

But at least this time you have your gay hating brothers Rob and Neh with you. Least it's not a total beat down.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
How do you not have the right to privacy, TH? No clue wtf you are trying to say here.

What business is it of the government if I want to get a $20 hooker, bring her home and share some homemade moonshine? What I do in the privacy of my home is none of the governments business.

If my wife and I want to make some extra money selling services on craiglist, so what? Consenting adults, right?

But yet I can not preform those activities without going to jail.

But at least this time you have your gay hating brothers Rob and Neh with you. Least it's not a total beat down.

I never said hate.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Takeahiker and toasterlover, you are both intentionally misconstruing the gay marriage argument just for trolling shits and giggles sake, ad infinitum, amoung multiple topics about it. That much is clear and it's not even open for dispute unless you two are total idiots and you are honestly that stupid to believe all the shit you write.

Why should gay marriage proponents favor multiple spouses or marring a toaster? They shouldn't. Unless it effects them personally, which I would imagine, it mostly doesn't.

But if you two want that ridiculous cross to bear, and all the public humiliation that will surely follow, then have at it. Nobody is stopping you, including myself. I'm sure the Mormon's will be behind you on marrying multiple spouses and appliance makers will realize a whole new market and a variety of new features, since they willingly embrace stupid stuff to charge more for like Sabbath modes.

What you two trolls are doing in topic after topic, is running the topic's OFF TOPIC. And it's not just in gay marriage topics. It's in every single topic you two cretins post in. And it's going to stop. The mods are already well aware of your half baked trolling attempts, and you have both been infracted multiple times about it, I'm sure.

Marriage equality for same sex spouses is what we are talking about. Anything else that is a stupid comparison that you want to argue about like it's relevant, is not relevant, and is not what is being discussed in these topics.

Either stop the stupid trolling, or find somewhere else to clog up the sewer like Stormfront where you two obviously came from.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
What business is it of the government if I want to get a $20 hooker, bring her home and share some homemade moonshine? What I do in the privacy of my home is none of the governments business.

If my wife and I want to make some extra money selling services on craiglist, so what? Consenting adults, right?

I never said hate.

You already said this multiple times, it wasn't relevant then, and it's not relevant now. Stop spamming and thread derailing, you idiot mindless troll.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Why should gay marriage proponents favor multiple spouses or marring a toaster? They shouldn't. Unless it effects them personally, which I would imagine, it mostly doesn't.

Marriage equality for same sex spouses is what we are talking about. Anything else that is a stupid comparison that you want to argue about like it's relevant, is not relevant, and is not what is being discussed in these topics.

Well to borrow from a favorite liberal analogy.

Supporting same-sex marriage but opposing toaster marriage

Is like a black person supporting a black-white interracial marriage, but opposing an Asian-white interracial marriage D:

If it is a violation of human rights for marriage to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation that should include ALL sexual orientations. Not just the one in vogue amongst liberals.

Basically by fighting for marriage equality for only one sexual minority(or race) and in fact throwing a fit about marriage equality for other sexual minorities you are making it clear you aren't actually fighting for principles, but just selfish desires.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008

I never said hate.

Because NOBODY can do that. Man, woman, young or old.. Not a single person can solicit/sell sex from craigslist.

However, a man can marry a woman, but a man can't marry another man if he wants (in some states).

Do you see the difference or are you going to keep trying?

K maybe hate is the wrong word. We will just go with discriminate.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Because NOBODY can do that. Man, woman, young or old.. Not a single person can solicit/sell sex from craigslist.

In other words we do not have control over our body.

The government tells u what we can and can not do with our bodies and in the privacy of our own home.

K maybe hate is the wrong word. We will just go with discriminate.

Dislike is the word I use.

I do not hate anyone.

You already said this multiple times, it wasn't relevant then, and it's not relevant now. Stop spamming and thread derailing, you idiot mindless troll.

Gays want special laws just for them.

What about me and what I want?

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007

The government tells u what we can and can not do with our bodies and in the privacy of our own home.

I do not hate anyone.

Maybe you need to start another thread about what you want then trolley? Because since you are admittedly not gay, you don't have the faintest clue what the gays want, trolley. And you make that abundantly clear every damn time you post, trolley.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Maybe you need to start another thread about what you want then trolley? Because since you are admittedly not gay, you don't have the faintest clue what the gays want, trolley. And you make that abundantly clear every damn time you post, trolley.

So if someone disagrees with your lifestyle they are a trolley? Wow, that is insightful.

The truth is, you wave the banner of equality while shunning those who do not agree with you.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
TH, your argument is basically "if gay marriage is legalized, then everything under the sun has to be legalized."

it's either trolling or flatout stupidity.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008

I do not hate anyone.

So... lol, hilariously then you are contradicting yourself. You are upset the gov't "controls" you and tells you that you can't sell sex, yet... You're not upset the gov't controls gays. In fact, you want them to be controlled to the point where you are okay with them having unequal rights with respect to marriage.

So logically, you should be trying to sue/petition the courts to give you equal rights to have sex with hookers you find on craigslist, no? That's what you want. The gov't to be OUT OF YOUR PERSONAL SEXUAL AFFAIRS so you can do as you please.

AKA you're no different than a gay.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003

You keep saying this like it's the homosexuals that are stopping you.

Here's a hint it's your government that made those laws, based on the feelings of people with opinions on morality (and legislating mortality) that are very similar to yours.

Get a new argument. This straw-man of your was played out the moment you posted it.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
TH, your argument is basically "if gay marriage is legalized, then everything under the sun has to be legalized."

it's either trolling or flatout stupidity.

Tell me about the civil rights acts. Did those laws address "just" blacks, or all minorities?

Gays are not working to promote civil rights. They want laws that protect just them.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
So if someone disagrees with your lifestyle they are a trolley? Wow, that is insightful.

The truth is, you wave the banner of equality while shunning those who do not agree with you.

Isn't it ironic how an insane internet troll with a Stormfront agenda about subjects that admittedly don't concern him never manages to see a single personality defect or problem with his public behavior?

Brainwashing and self denile at its finest right there. Texas style textbooks certainly helped you right along with your fundie ideological indoctrination and de-education.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
So... lol, hilariously then you are contradicting yourself. You are upset the gov't "controls" you and tells you that you can't sell sex, yet... You're not upset the gov't controls gays. In fact, you want them to be controlled to the point where you are okay with them having unequal rights with respect to marriage.

So logically, you should be trying to sue/petition the courts to give you equal rights to have sex with hookers you find on craigslist, no? That's what you want. The gov't to be OUT OF YOUR PERSONAL SEXUAL AFFAIRS so you can do as you please.

AKA you're no different than a gay.

Actually he wants the exact opposite of gays. Gays are demanding the government to be involved in their sexual relationships.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Supporting same-sex marriage but opposing toaster marriage

Is like a black person supporting a black-white interracial marriage, but opposing an Asian-white interracial marriage D:

This analogy has been refuted so many times, it makes you look like a child bringing it up again.

Seriously, you guys need to learn and adapt when debating.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Isn't it ironic how an insane internet troll with a Stormfront agenda about subjects that admittedly don't concern him never manages to see a single personality defect or problem with his public behavior?

Brainwashing and self denile at its finest right there. Texas style textbooks certainly helped you right along with your fundie ideological indoctrination and de-education.

Are you going to insult or debate?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Tell me about the civil rights acts. Did those laws address "just" blacks, or all minorities?

Gays are not working to promote civil rights. They want laws that protect just them.

what should they be promoting instead that isn't being supported by the idea of allowing any two consenting people to marry?

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Actually he wants the exact opposite of gays. Gays are demanding the government to be involved in their sexual relationships.

The gov't is involved regardless. For hetero marriage, the government gives you a license and says, yes you are now legally married.

So in that regard, sure the gays do want government involvement. But the key is that the government in some states is telling them they aren't even allowed that in the first place, ie, the government is too big in that respect. When the government tells you what you can and can't do, then that's "big government". You as a conservative should know what that means.

So really, gay folks want less government over seeing their personal affairs. Just like TH and his hookers.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
This analogy has been refuted so many times, it makes you look like a child bringing it up again.

Seriously, you guys need to learn and adapt when debating.

It hasn't been refuted at all.

Liberals repeatedly make the comparison between sexual orientation and race.

Were only some forms of interracial marriage legalized?

Of course not. That would be insane.

So why marriage equality only for one sexual orientation?:confused:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The gov't is involved regardless. For hetero marriage, the government gives you a license and says, yes you are now legally married.

So in that regard, sure the gays do want government involvement. But the key is that the government in some states is telling them they aren't even allowed that in the first place, ie, the government is too big in that respect. When the government tells you what you can and can't do, then that's "big government". You as a conservative should know what that means.

So really, gay folks want less government over seeing their personal affairs. Just like TH and his hookers.

Demanding the government be involved in our personal affairs is wanting less government involvement in your personal affairs...

o_Oo_Oo_O

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
what should they be promoting instead that isn't being supported by the idea of allowing any two consenting people to marry?

Well it seems like they are purposefully excluding object-sexuals...

Who is harmed by allowing someone to marry his toaster?

You worried that if toaster marriage was legal you would feel an uncontrollable urge to stick you weewee in your toaster?:cool:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
It hasn't been refuted at all.

Liberals repeatedly make the comparison between sexual orientation and race.

Were only some forms of interracial marriage legalized?

Of course not. That would be insane.

So why marriage equality only for one sexual orientation?:confused:

if you can get your toaster to consent, I don't believe there's anyone who'd stand in the way of your marriage.