Super'rona in the UK

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Thanks China.

Never forget.

China isn't responsible for America's wellbeing, why do republicans not understand this?

Never forget? No that only applies to 9/11. Team Treason very much wants you to forget them allowing a 9/11 to happen every day now.

Never forget the costs of life, money, security and dignity that America has paid for the Russian asset. That's the ball for your eye. Maybe then conservatives can avoid being duped by a treasonous demagogue again, though I doubt it.

Reactions: Muse

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
China isn't responsible for America's wellbeing, why do republicans not understand this?

Never forget? No that only applies to 9/11. Team Treason very much wants you to forget them allowing a 9/11 to happen every day now.

Never forget the costs of life, money, security and dignity that America has paid for the Russian asset. That's the ball for your eye. Maybe then conservatives can avoid being duped by a treasonous demagogue again, though I doubt it.
Lack of transparency at the beginning will always leave China partially liable for causing the global pandemic...along with paying off the head of WHO as a stooge.

I don't think Trump ever privately disassociated with the Clintons. They just did it in public to cover their tracks....

Reactions: Captante

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks China.

Never forget.

History will remember this debacle as a Trump problem--it pretty much already does. There's no escaping that. China screwed up for the first month or so, but locked it down very, very, very quickly. There is simply no arguing against this plain fact, my friend.

Reactions: Muse and Captante

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So China releases it...meh?

You lefties...

we're not responsible for our own demonstrable piss-poor, handling of it, when the actual country of origin controlled it pretty quickly? As well as their neighbors?

at what point do you rationally accept the only point of honest, logical blame for what is actually happening?

The PAB snowflakes in this country that remain convinced, nearly a year later, that what would have been maybe a month of simple, completely convenient mask-wearing, public distancing, and quarantining was just "too inconvenient and unpatriotic!" for them are the real murderers in this pandemic.

fuck them all, I say. The selfishness of this class of people in this era is going to be in future textbooks detailing the utter failure of a broken, useless political party and sycophants that bet on the lives of millions in order to maintain fleeting power. It could be the demarcation point where this country and US democracy truly failed beyond recovery.

It's reprehensible that such people act this way and believe these things, but that is literally why we are here now.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
we're not responsible for our own demonstrable piss-poor, handling of it, when the actual country of origin controlled it pretty quickly? As well as their neighbors?

at what point do you rationally accept the only point of honest, logical blame for what is actually happening?

The PAB snowflakes in this country that remain convinced, nearly a year later, that what would have been maybe a month of simple, completely convenient mask-wearing, public distancing, and quarantining was just "too inconvenient and unpatriotic!" for them are the real murderers in this pandemic.

fuck them all, I say. The selfishness of this class of people in this era is going to be in future textbooks detailing the utter failure of a broken, useless political party and sycophants that bet on the lives of millions in order to maintain fleeting power. It could be the demarcation point where this country and US democracy truly failed beyond recovery.

It's reprehensible that such people act this way and believe these things, but that is literally why we are here now.

Remember how Trump railed against Obama for Ebola, where it was virtually completely contained, but Trumphumpers want to give their cult leader zero responsibility for anything to do with rona. These people are just goners.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Yada, yada...guess where the CCP is in charge, you can lock down, jail, starve,...what ever you want. And report zero cases. Won, win.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I don't think that you can blame a country for a disease (unless it's a weird situation where they made it and deliberately released it in an act of biowarfare).
New diseases pop up all the time. The scientific community has been warning about a pandemic cropping up for fucking ages.
We need to be prepared for this shit, it's not an unusual event really. Next time it could happen anywhere.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yada, yada...guess where the CCP is in charge, you can lock down, jail, starve,...what ever you want. And report zero cases. Won, win.

I definitely don't trust their reported numbers, but we know they are still in better shape than we are. We do know this...and yes, obviously we can't just lock everyone up in their homes like they can.

I get that.

We didn't have to be that drastic, we just needed so-called adults to act like adults. Nothing more.

Or just look to South Korea. That's the best comparison for us.

anyway, fell good man: your Clemson Orange people are thrashing those Notre Dame bastards!

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
It's not a competition. Countries need to do as well as they can.
China did a ridiculously good job of locking that shit down, and yes that's because they are an authoritarian regime that can pretty much do as it likes with its citizens.
We in the west for the most part did fucking awful at containing it because all our politicians are cowards that don't like to tell people things they don't want to hear.

Reactions: Muse and Captante

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Remember how Trump railed against Obama for Ebola, where it was virtually completely contained, but Trumphumpers want to give their cult leader zero responsibility for anything to do with rona. These people are just goners.
For the record, I changed the channel when thumper opened his mouth.
I don't think that you can blame a country for a disease (unless it's a weird situation where they made it and deliberately released it in an act of biowarfare).
New diseases pop up all the time. The scientific community has been warning about a pandemic cropping up for fucking ages.
We need to be prepared for this shit, it's not an unusual event really. Next time it could happen anywhere.
Are you actually saying that it didn't originate in the wuhan lab?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Poking around a bit it seems the changes in the spike are relatively small so no major hits to vaccine efficacy are really expected. The changes will naturally accumulate over time and due to pressure from vaccination but updating the spike protein for future vaccinations should not be a huge deal if required.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I definitely don't trust their reported numbers, but we know they are still in better shape than we are. We do know this...and yes, obviously we can't just lock everyone up in their homes like they can.

I get that.

We didn't have to be that drastic, we just needed so-called adults to act like adults. Nothing more.

Or just look to South Korea. That's the best comparison for us.

anyway, fell good man: your Clemson Orange people are thrashing those Notre Dame bastards!
Adults like Cuomo?

Go Tigers. Hoping for a 50-3.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Poking around a bit it seems the changes in the spike are relatively small so no major hits to vaccine efficacy are really expected.

This is the big deal. If the vaccine doesn't work on this variant then we are screwed for containing this.
As it is all the noise is pointing to the vaccine still being effective so hopefully we are ok there.
That said most of the UK suddenly just got slammed into lockdown a few days before Christmas, politicians don't do that lightly.

Reactions: Captante