Superintendent Left Firearm In Bathroom in Elementary School

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
What kind of fucking teacher thinks sending in a kid to double check on a gun was the right thing to do?
probable the teacher was a woman and the kids were boys and didn't want to seem inappropriate what with all the student-teacher sex abuse there has been.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
probable the teacher was a woman and the kids were boys and didn't want to seem inappropriate what with all the student-teacher sex abuse there has been.

Yes, the concern over looking bad vs the concern of something more sinister happening and preventing it, totally makes sense./eyeroll

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Over the years we've had a number of guns left in our restrooms, almost always cops. We lock them in the safe until the party can be identified or call the police to pick it up.

This is among the reasons I have no interest in ever carrying.

Reactions: hal2kilo

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Yes, the concern over looking bad vs the concern of something more sinister happening and preventing it, totally makes sense./eyeroll
I agree, she could have sent the kid in to make sure no one else was there or announced that she was coming in instead of sending the kid to check the gun.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

The superintendent was using the restroom and took off his weapon before using the toilet. He then forgot it. A third grader found it and correctly left it alone and notified his teacher.

To be 100% safe and make sure there was a random gun in the kids bathroom the teacher sent a second 3rd grader to confirm it was in fact a real weapon.

Unfortunately the article doesn’t state what methods this highly trained 3rd grader went through to confirm it was a real weapon. Instead he apparently left it alone and returned to tell his teacher it looked real.

It took a month before the issue was finally addressed by the school to the parents.

Can’t wait until all teachers and administrators are packing.
Yep, more guns is the only answer.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Over the years we've had a number of guns left in our restrooms, almost always cops. We lock them in the safe until the party can be identified or call the police to pick it up.

Hell, I hate carrying a cell phone. Misplace, down $400 bucks min.

Reactions: Zorba

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Hell, I hate carrying a cell phone. Misplace, down $400 bucks min.

At least nobody is going to like go mugging people with my phone if I lose it or it gets stolen. I don't want that kind of responsibility.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
So she should've blocked the bathroom and sent a kid to the office to get another adult. Really isn't rocket science here.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Buddy of mine is a dentist, they had a cop leave her firearm in their bathroom. Her boss had to come down to collect it after hours.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The bad part is that in California cops can carry fire arms that private citizens who are supposed to form militias to protect the country from a police state take-over are not allowed to have. Liberals have in common with conservatives the certainty that they and only they know what is best which is why liberal want conservatives disarmed and why conservatives want to keep their majority ownership of them. If liberal were smart they would have their own police equivalent guns. Logic!