~~~~~~~SUPER HOT~~~~~~~Kanguru 16x DVD+/-RW Double Layer DVD Writer + 50-Pk Fuji DVD-R $29.95 ARs!! ~~~~~~

MobileChip

Oct 20, 2004
ripped from techdealcity. PC connection has the Kanguru 16x Internal DVD+ -RW Double Layer Drive - $50 rebate [Exp. 12/31] - $20 rebate [Exp. 12/31] = $29.95!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add the Fuji 4.7GB DVD-R Media 50 Pack Spindle for free after $39.88 bundle rebate [Exp. 12/31]

Shipping to Dallas is $9.40 for me.

PC connection has good resellers rating

I ordered the NEC yesterday but I don't think I can get two rebates for the fuji dvds at at time, otherwise I will just order both. This deal is so tempting.

uOpt

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2004
Hm, the cart doesn't show the bundle rebate. Do I need to do something special to get it?

Site is overloaded and slowwwwwww... But for the price :)

uOpt

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2004
I carefully reviewed all the rebates and it seems it will work. You don't have to send in the UPC code for the drive to get the rebate on the media, you only need a copy of the bill. There are two rebates on the drive, but one of them only requires a photocopy of the code. They explicitly say you can combine the two rebates. Alternatively, you can choose one different rebate for less money but only one party to deal with.

Looks fine, I ordered. The only bad surprise was that for a change these guys charge sales tax in MA. Of course you won't get the sales tax on the rebatable items back so you pay sales tax on $140. And $10.50 shipping makes $47.50 for the whole deal.

Great deal, thanks Mobilechip.

chipko

Dec 26, 2004
The web site which rejected SF Bay Area zipcodes on Saturday was fixed today. The only catch is that the Fujii media is on backorder. So I emailed a cancellation. [No cost of shipping appeared in the final invoice.]

cstone

Dec 28, 2004
Hey...I rec'd this drive and it IS a NEC-3500A. Mine is LOUD! I just went to fill in the rebate info and cannot find the UPC #... I swear this thing came in a bag.....no box inside the shipping box. Maybe my wife (or I) threw it out. Can someone confirm whether theirs came in a box with the SKU or not...thanks. Looks like I may be out $60 in rebates. Geez.

Thanks in advance
Chas

Chang10is

Jun 19, 2002
Originally posted by: cstone
Hey...I rec'd this drive and it IS a NEC-3500A. Mine is LOUD! I just went to fill in the rebate info and cannot find the UPC #... I swear this thing came in a bag.....no box inside the shipping box. Maybe my wife (or I) threw it out. Can someone confirm whether theirs came in a box with the SKU or not...thanks. Looks like I may be out $60 in rebates. Geez.

Thanks in advance
Chas

I was afraid that something like this could happen. I guess I'll sit out on this one. Hope everyone who ordered a drive is able to work out a solution though. Let us know if you get the UPC code situation worked out.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: cstone

Thanks in advance
Chas

I assume you called them. What did they say?

cstone

Dec 28, 2004
I called PC Connection and the cust service person said that they had had another call with the same problem and that he thought he had an email about it from their mgt. After referring to something, he said it was supposed to be shipped in a white box with the UPC on a slip of paper inside. He said if I still could not locate it to call back.

I just got home and checked and don't have it...maybe I did, but I don't now. They're closed, so I'll call tomorrow and post the result.

In reviewing the rebates...there's the $20 which requires the original UPC, the $50 that requires the copy, and the Fuji DVD $39.88 rebate which does not require a copy of the drive UPC.

If anyone has a scanned copy of the Kanguru drive UPC that they could email me at cmREMOVETHISstone@comcast.net, it would be greatly appreciated. I've got the other stuff needed for the $50 rebate and could just forego the $20 rebate, if PC Con can't/won't help me out.

Thanks to all in advance...will let you know how it works out.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
Well, I just ordered one. Perhaps if I had read the whole thread, I would have held off. Anyone try to use this in an enclosure as a firewire ext?

cstone

Dec 28, 2004
OK, to be fair to PC Connection....someone else PM'd me that he did get the UPC on the inside box with his so I conclude that I screwed up and pitched it. So I'll call em today and see if they have pity on me. Otherwise, I'll beg someone to email me a copy of their UPC.

BTW, once PC Conn got these in stock, they shipped promptly and the drive installed fine and works with no problems (other than being kinda loud). And, of course, its the famous NEC ND-3500A. So I've got no beef with PC Connection and would buy from them again without hesistation.

UPDATE 12/30: Just called PC Connection and threw myself at their mercy....the Cust Serv lady checked with someone and came back and said they'd credit my cc for the larger rebate amount. That's more than fair....they didn't have to do it....and so I didn't even ask about the smaller $20 rebate.

Net is I'm a happy PC Connection customer.

uOpt

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2004
Well, I received the package yesterday and the brown box has a white sticker with barcode, number and the Kangaroo name.

I'll use that, looks pretty UPCish to me.

Have no fear, I will get the full rebate. I have no problem spending $500 on a lawyer to get a $20 rebate and I carefully printed and archived the web forms when I ordered.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
I got mine and ordered a 35.00 firewire box to put it in. Just put it together and did a burn. Works great and mine is not noisy. You also get Nero OEM suite and PowerDVD 5 with the drive. I ordered the DVD's as well. If I get the rebates (already mailed them), I will have gotten a NEC 16X dual layer firewire drive and 50 DVD's for a total of $72.00 inc shipping. A sweet deal indeed! it is still running at PC Conn. I just checked the link.