Super Hot GPS Deal, Garmin Nuvi 3790T for $140 at BB normally $350 BIG YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigahertz20

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2007
Saw this deal on slickdeals, the Garmin 3790T is one of the top of the line automotive GPS units that Garmin sells. BB's online price is $350, Amazon's price is $336, but Best Buy has it on clearance for $140 at most of their retail stores.

Most stores are all of stock, but if you are interested call your local BB store and give them the SKU number "9888961" and they can look in their system and tell you what price they are selling it at and how many they have in stock. If they don't have any in stock you can have them search for any BB's in your area/state that have them in stock, and you can either drive there or see if you can do a store to store transfer if the drive is too long.

A big YMMV on this deal, also some people are going bonkers on this deal over at Slickdeals with some people posting that they bought up to 20 of them to resell on eBay/Craigslist to make money. I wasn't able to get in on this deal, no stores have them in stock here in Colorado and they couldn't order it from the website or anything at the $140 price. Go to the slickdeals link below if you have questions, some people are saying all you need to do is have your local BB store place an order for you through their OMS (Order Management System) and you can get one even if all the BBs in your state are out of stock.

Links below:

BB Online Link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Garmin+-...0GPS&cp=1&lp=1

Slickdeals Link where I saw this deal:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2927879

Last edited:

AlgaeEater

May 9, 2006
Thank for the heads up on the deal. Seems to be a huge YMMV already when it started - and now it's practically dead unfortunately.

To be honest - with GPS built into most smart phones today, the prices of these dedicated units has been dropping significantly and will probably continue. A few years ago top of the line GPS was like $599 without traffic or updates. In my primitive mind, $349 for such a device is already quite a deal.

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
Crap. That thread on slickdeals started on 5/14. I know it's probably dead, but I'm going to check the 'dead' Best Buys in my area. I just placed an order for a different Garmin a few days ago as well and I've been interested in this top-of-line Garmin.

I have a feeling they're something wrong the 3k series or they cannot manufacture it anymore. Sam Club had the 3760LMT 'on order' for weeks and it was very hard to find other Garmin 3k's in stock at retail stores.

gigahertz20

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2007
Some stores have several in stock, for example one in Utah had 5 when I called them a few hours ago. It all depends on where you live, the more people where you live, the less likely your BB has one in stock.

Also, I finally managed to get a BB in my state to place an order for me using the clearance price of $140 through their system over the phone.

I gave her all my information over the phone and she put it in and said I should receive it sometime next week and gave me my order number so we'll see. I'm really doubting if I'll actually be billed right and get this in the mail. I'm crossing my fingers...

gigahertz20

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2007
I called my friend in California to tell him about this deal and he just ordered one from some store there. He said he called them and they did not have any in stock but the person told him they could just sell it over the phone and ship it to him, so he got one for $146 after tax.

I love how some BBs are super easy to deal with and others tell you that it's not possible no matter what you tell them. If you really want this deal, I suggest calling as many BB's as possible until you get one that is willing to sell it to you over the phone through their system, they just input your credit card information and everything then send you an email with your order confirmation.

Last edited:

gigahertz20

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2007
I just ordered 5 more for $734.25, profit time!.....if I actually receive them :)

I'd like to max out my $10k limit on my credit card buying these but I just don't want to take that risk since I don't know what the price will drop to on eBay once it becomes flooded with these. I'm gonna do Craigslist first then if I can't sell them on there I'll go to eBay in a few weeks or so, by then the flood of them on there should be slowed down and prices higher. At the worst I'll make my money back, no way you'll lose money selling these after buying them for $146 after tax.

pretensemi

Dec 4, 2006
i bought 67 of them from the stores local to me, and have sold all of them already for a big profit!

viva la capitalism!

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
I would have gotten a 100, but I called, and it has no HDMI port - that's a deal breaker.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Called my local store, at which it's out of stock. They ordered one for me, and will have it shipped to the local store. They gave me the $139.99 price rather than the $349.99 online price.

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009
In for one. Called my local store and they located on at a store about 30 minutes from me. Got it on hold and picking it up tonight!

Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.