Question Super Flower Super connector

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
I was looking at a Super Flower Leadex VI Platinum Pro 850W Platinum power supply and the connections are labeled differently than what I'm used to. Most are split up into 3 sections for MB, PCIe, and peripherals while the Super Flower is MB and universal.

Their website says you can plug CPU, PCIe, and peripherals into any of the universal sockets. Does anyone use one of these PSUs? Anything to be concerned about?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
They have used those type of connectors on some of their PSUs for a few years now, and I've never seen any issues in reviews or from legit users on various forums. Their is no standardized ATX spec for PSU connectors on the power supply side, only to the motherboard side. That is the reason things can get fried by using cables that didn't come with the power supply.

I wouldn't have any concern buying a PSU from them if I were in the market for one.

Reactions: dlerious

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
All three are good choices, but I would personally be partial to either the newest RMx or Super Flower models.

I've noticed Corsair has been really aggressive on their pricing on their RMx lineup over the last year, while I think Super Flower hasn't been able to keep up with demand as much, as I've seen many of their models go out of stock quite a bit (and the pricing not as aggressive as it has been in the past).