Super Amoled and Gorilla Glass

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by kyrax12, Nov 3, 2011.

1. kyrax12

kyrax12 Platinum Member

What do you guys think of Super Amoled tech with Gorilla glass display.

I know a lot of ATOT are harsh critics so I would really like to know what you guys think of it.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Super Amoled Gorilla Forum Date
    How come super amoled screen are bad for outdoor visibility? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Nov 1, 2014
    Super AMOLED vs IPS LCD Mobile Devices & Gadgets Jun 17, 2013
    Question for Brian/Anand regarding the GSII & Galaxy Nexus screen *Super Amoled HD* Mobile Devices & Gadgets Jul 15, 2012
    Super Amoled/Plus Mobile Devices & Gadgets Feb 12, 2012
    Samsung Infuse 4G for AT&T: 4.5-inch Super AMOLED display Mobile Devices & Gadgets Jan 5, 2011

3. sciwizam

sciwizam Golden Member

They are awesome?

4. snikt

snikt Member

I want to have a threesome with both?

5. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

6. Munky

Munky Diamond Member

I like them both?? Especially the AMOLED part - the colors can only be described as "better than life-like", which is more than I can say about any LCD screen.

7. McWatt

McWatt Senior member

The SAMOLED+ screen on my SGS2 is pretty, but it has noticeable ghosting and color balance issues (white goes from reddish at one end of the brightness scale to bluish at the other). Overall I'm pleased, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Gorilla Glass is great, though I'd give up some scratch resistance to reduce its tendency to shatter. I've only ever seen it shattered in iPhones, though, and the message may simply be that glass prone to shattering really needs a quality plastic housing rather than stiff aluminum.

8. shabby

shabby Diamond Member

Never seen any ghosting on my sgs2, never heard of anyone complain about it either.

9. zCypher

zCypher Diamond Member

Love the display on my SGS2X, even at very low brightness it's really quite vivid and crisp. One thing I did notice is that the screen seems to attract/collect more crap than the iPhone screens for some reason. I'm talking dust, fingerprints, fur, etc. It's as if the iPhone somehow repels everything. If I had to think of anything to be improved upon on the Samsung, it would be that. Otherwise the display is stunning.

That nice display does come at a cost though, open up the program that shows what is taking up the most battery, and the display is always at least 50%! Android OS seems to come in second place at 20%+. I suspect this is pretty standard for any phone though.

#8 zCypher, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011