Super Amoled and Gorilla Glass

kyrax12

Platinum Member
May 21, 2010
What do you guys think of Super Amoled tech with Gorilla glass display.

I know a lot of ATOT are harsh critics so I would really like to know what you guys think of it.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
I like them both?? Especially the AMOLED part - the colors can only be described as "better than life-like", which is more than I can say about any LCD screen.

McWatt

Feb 25, 2010
The SAMOLED+ screen on my SGS2 is pretty, but it has noticeable ghosting and color balance issues (white goes from reddish at one end of the brightness scale to bluish at the other). Overall I'm pleased, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Gorilla Glass is great, though I'd give up some scratch resistance to reduce its tendency to shatter. I've only ever seen it shattered in iPhones, though, and the message may simply be that glass prone to shattering really needs a quality plastic housing rather than stiff aluminum.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Love the display on my SGS2X, even at very low brightness it's really quite vivid and crisp. One thing I did notice is that the screen seems to attract/collect more crap than the iPhone screens for some reason. I'm talking dust, fingerprints, fur, etc. It's as if the iPhone somehow repels everything. If I had to think of anything to be improved upon on the Samsung, it would be that. Otherwise the display is stunning.

That nice display does come at a cost though, open up the program that shows what is taking up the most battery, and the display is always at least 50%! Android OS seems to come in second place at 20%+. I suspect this is pretty standard for any phone though.

Last edited: