SUNSPOT AR1476 , we are entering the line of fire...

May 11, 2008
Exciting days are ahead. Sunspot AR1476 which is large enough in size to be seen without the aid of telescope, is becoming unstable. It harbors an incredible amount of energy. And we are slowly entering the line of fire as the surface of the sun slowly rotates around...

sunspotsunset_strip.jpg

Listening to the radiowaves generated by the crackling of the sunspot.
http://www.spaceweather.com/images2012/09may12/radioburst.mp3?PHPSESSID=h957gt6r1l210eopmkdlv1c6a6

Read it all on spaceweather.com.
http://www.spaceweather.com/

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Very interesting turn of events, always been fascinated with this stuff. Thanks for the link.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You can see it without a telescope? I looked in Miami, I looked in Negril, but the closest I came was a month old bill.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Ho hum, just another turn in the 11 year sun spot cycle, the previous decade has been marked as a low point in sun spots, the earth should have cooled but polar ice melting instead increased.

Now we can expect to have an increased number of sunspots for the next three years or more, as a few medium M sized sunspots are aimed at the earth, but no X class sized events yet. But the 1859 Carrington event, was caused by two X classed sunspots, one right after the other aimed directly at earth with less than a week in between. As the other point is, X class sunspots events not aimed at the earth are far less dangerous to our electrical grid. We have had 15 solar cycles since 1859 and no repeat of the Carrington event.

But the other point, net solar energy output increases with increased sun spot activity. Any doubters of MMGW, may be soon dope slapped by mounting evidence.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
You can see it without a telescope? I looked in Miami, I looked in Negril, but the closest I came was a month old bill.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boober, you can't look directly at the sun and see sunspots without blinding your self. But smart people since the 16'th century simply use lens to focus the solar disk onto a screen, and then sunspots show up clearly and safely.

Just because you are too stupid and cheap to verify it for your self, does not mean sunspots are not happening. Of course with better satellite technology, the human race can see and tracks sunspots in increasing detail.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
She packed up her bags and she
took off down the road
Left me here stranded with the bills she owed
She gave me a false address
Took off with my American Express
Sunspot Baby
She sure had me way outguessed

She left me here stranded like
a dog out in the yard
Charged up a fortune on my credit card
She used my address and my name
Man that was sure unkind
Sunspot Baby
She sure had a real good time

I looked in Miami
I looked in Negril
The closest I came was a month old bill
I checked the Bahamas and
They said she was gone
I can't understand why she did me so wrong

But she packed up her bags
Find more similar lyrics on http://mp3lyrics.com/cYxAnd she took off down the road
Said she was going to visit sister Flo
And man that was sure unkind
Sunspot Baby
I'm gonna catch up sometime
Sure had a real good time

I looked in Miami
I looked in Negril
The closest I came was a month old bill
I checked the Bahamas and
They said she was gone
I can't understand why she did me so wrong

But she packed up her bags
And she took off down the road
She left me here stranded with the bills she owed
Put my credit to shame
Sunspot Baby
Sure had a real good time
Yeah Sunspot Baby
I'm gonna catch up sometime,sometime

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
I looked but now all I see are spots on everything:'(

Thanks for the links, hopefully we don't get a full blast from it, so much potential to hurt our fragile electronics...

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boober, you can't look directly at the sun and see sunspots without blinding your self. But smart people since the 16'th century simply use lens to focus the solar disk onto a screen, and then sunspots show up clearly and safely.

Just because you are too stupid and cheap to verify it for your self, does not mean sunspots are not happening. Of course with better satellite technology, the human race can see and tracks sunspots in increasing detail.

LIBERAL RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

They say having a pet lowers stress, but I think you'd probably pet a bunny to death.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
So THAT explains why it's 97 fucking degrees on my back porch today...

It's just too damned early for it to be this hot. (although, it's not really all that uncommon)

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
LIBERAL RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

They say having a pet lowers stress, but I think you'd probably pet a bunny to death.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
Wow and garhoodie, Bobberpuss, what inspiring reasoning you have. You can call me liberal liberal, radical, conservative, or any nasty name you want, but sunspots still exists, as you exhibit all the reasoning ability of an amoeba.

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see. As your understanding of science is at least 500 years out of date. Are you proud of your total ignorance? Or afraid of verifying sunspots for your self.?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
Wow and garhoodie, Bobberpuss, what inspiring reasoning you have. You can call me liberal liberal, radical, conservative, or any nasty name you want, but sunspots still exists, as you exhibit all the reasoning ability of an amoeba.

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see. As your understanding of science is at least 500 years out of date. Are you proud of your total ignorance? Or afraid of verifying sunspots for your self.?

Keep on ragin'!

This is hilarious!

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Spoiler tag added for BF....
Should someone just link to the freaking YouTube vid or is this going to go on much longer... the lyrics didn't seem to help...

Fixed ;)

Last edited:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Should someone just link to the freaking YouTube vid or is this going to go on much longer... the lyrics didn't seem to help...

Come on, don't spoil it.

For all the accusations of "Faux Rage" around here, it's funny to watch a "liberal" get all red faced because he's too stupid and/or ignorant to realize he should just shut his mouth.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I knew I felt the triangle of a laser targeting system moving into position.

May 11, 2008
To bad, Jaskalas that you do not see the fun of it.
Of course i was already aware of higher counts of sunspots in the past.
But i just like to keep the idea alive.

There is still much to be discovered. The more people get interested, the better.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I'll worry when AR2012 is centered on us. Actually I won't have to because that's the end of the world.