Sunrise eclipse tomorrow

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Had no idea until today.

I'll be sleeping at the time but I'll set my camera on time lapse mode and hope for the best. Though I might try to force myself up early so I can get my telephoto lens out for better pictures. Going to attempt without welding glass this time as the pics last time did not really turn out all that well. I'm kinda due for a new camera anyway.... so if I damage the sensor I won't be THAT mad, but I think it will be fine, it's not like I'd be doing a long exposure it would probably be the fastest the camera can do.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Thankfully we're in the near 24/7 period now, it's a very short period of the year where this happens, rest is dark all the time lol. Can see light out by like 3:30am it's always kind of surreal to be still up that late and see the sky start to light up.

This is not an opportunity I get very often, I think I will try to actually get up for it. If I actually get on top of the roof I should be able to get very good pictures. Wish I had proper eclipse glasses though, I just hold up welding glass up to my face but it's a bit tricky to do while also operating the camera. I suppose sun glasses still help somewhat if I accidentally look at it real quick though.

Reactions: highland145
Dec 10, 2005
I was initially tempted to get up to see it from the Boston region, but I don't have any eclipse glasses, and it would be occurring right around sunrise, so a good chance buildings would mostly block the view.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I'm gonna put in a request to postpone til Saturday. Aside from the weather, it'll be more convenient not having to get ready for work.

Bjc0D1D.png

• Haha
Reactions: highland145

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Not really worth bothering to look here even if the weather permits. A little more than half the sun will be blocked here & i'd have to get up even earlier than usual to try to see it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Managed to get up for it. Of course it's partly cloudy lol. Suppose I should have checked that BEFORE bothering to get up. Still going to track it and see if I can get a break in the clouds though. Sun is just rising now but can't really see the actual sun, just the lit sky.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah definitily missing out I think. I should be seeing the sun in the sky by now. The clouds make it a bit deceiving as there's a bit of a haze too so it's really hard to judge how cloudy it actually is.

I did get a cool closeup pic of the TV/cell tower though. :p

Livestream will have to do. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Well no eclipse pics from me, just a tower lol.

I really need to figure out a better tripod setup for my big lens though. It wobbles too much so can never get an in focus shot. need more than a standard tripod for these big lenses. Would need something that can clamp the entire lens and have fine geared motor control so it stays sturdy.