Sunday Morning Talk Shows: ABC F'ed Up Big Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Well, after Russert croaked, I found I couldn't stomach watching David Gregory, so I switched to ABC and tolerated Stephanapolous for awhile. Then ABC brought in Jake Tappert, that guy was really growing on me, I didn't get the "liberal" vibe from him, and I gotta say, I made the ABC show my permanent 8am CST sunday morning show.

Well, Tapper wasn't good enough for the honchos at ABC, so they brought in the "War Whore" Left Winger Christianne Amanpour, and in her first show, she managed to "honor" the Taliban fighters that died in Afganastan! yikes!

I miss Jake Tapper and now gotta figure out what to watch on Sunday mornings!

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Well, after Russert croaked, I found I couldn't stomach watching David Gregory, so I switched to ABC and tolerated Stephanapolous for awhile. Then ABC brought in Jake Tappert, that guy was really growing on me, I didn't get the "liberal" vibe from him, and I gotta say, I made the ABC show my permanent 8am CST sunday morning show.

Well, Tapper wasn't good enough for the honchos at ABC, so they brought in the "War Whore" Left Winger Christianne Amanpour, and in her first show, she managed to "honor" the Taliban fighters that died in Afganastan! yikes!

Amanpour is indeed one of the most virulently anti-American reporters in the American market, which tells you all you need to know about ABC New's corporate mindset.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Yeah, I liked Jake Tapper as well. They had a couple of different hosts after George went to GMA and Jake was the best out of the bunch.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Not an auspicious debut. Her timing and management of her guests was awkward. She might grow into the role, but it will take awhile.

Interpreting her "we remember all those who died in war" over the graphic of the U.S. casualty memorial as "honoring the Taliban" is a stretch, even for P&N.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Not an auspicious debut. Her timing and management of her guests was awkward. She might grow into the role, but it will take awhile.

Interpreting her "we remember all those who died in war" over the graphic of the U.S. casualty memorial as "honoring the Taliban" is a stretch, even for P&N.

if it if a stretch, then many people are making that stretch.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
if it if a stretch, then many people are making that stretch.
There is a well-lubricated and profitable Outrage Industry that must produce or lose relevancy. This kind of stretch is its specialty.

Status
Not open for further replies.