Question Suitabilty ofNividia Quadro NES 925 card for EG31M motherboard running Windows 10 32 bit? Screen black following instalation in PCI Express 16 slot

Mike Giddings

Dec 4, 2019
Looking for suitable dual monitor card. I purchased NIVIDIA Quadro NES 925 card, but black screen on installation after restart. Card also very hot after a few minutes. Not sure how I can install driver with black screen. I don't kow if card is maybe faulty or not suitable. Would appreciate if you can advise suitability or whether there is a better (newer) graphic card I could try?

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
First, the easy stuff, if you haven't already double check cables are fully plugged in or swap out cables if you possible.

Can you list what your full system specs are? The EG31M looks to be a Gigabyte Core2Duo board, g31 chipset. Ten year old system or so? Off hand I'd guess any Nvidia or AMD card from around that time. Also, what are the screen resolution of the monitors you are using?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
It kind of goes without saying, but make sure, that when you add a GPU, that you plug the monitor into the back-end of the GPU, rather than any motherboard I/O panel outputs.