Suggestions & improvements for this website pls.

Radiohead

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2001
My company website is receiving a makeover & they are welcoming any opinions for improvements to the function and look of the site. The process will be most effective if there is wide input into review and changes.

As part of the process of selecting what to change and what to retain, I would like to know what, in your opinion, works and what doesn't.

It would be helpful to know if you've seen things on other websites that enhanced the task of imparting information, or if you've experienced features that just seemed neat and might be adapted to improve the site.

Website

Thanks
~rh

alm99

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2000
I don't like the Olive Green and white contrast, kinda hurts my eyes to read

LakAttack

Oct 29, 2002
i think this is a great start! i like the color scheme and logo a great deal.

Some comments:

+i like the rollovers you use in the nav, but "about ivanhoe mines" and "people and environment" are too long. i'd either trim them down, or make that area 15-20 pixels wider.

+this may be because it is early in the process, but the images are way too big (file size, not dimensions). the main one is that big collage on the front page. it can be optimized a lot more in imageready or fireworks.

+i never use frames because of difficulties with printing and bookmarking, but that is a matter of preference really.

+i feel like the stock info at the top was kind of an afterthought. could be executed a little more elegantly.

overall, i think it is a very slick site; i hope it doesn't seem like i'm crapping on it, because i do like it.

final thought - it seems to load a little slow - is it on a test server or something?

keep up the good work.

Radiohead

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2001
Originally posted by: LakAttack
i think this is a great start! i like the color scheme and logo a great deal.

Some comments:

+i like the rollovers you use in the nav, but "about ivanhoe mines" and "people and environment" are too long. i'd either trim them down, or make that area 15-20 pixels wider.

+this may be because it is early in the process, but the images are way too big (file size, not dimensions). the main one is that big collage on the front page. it can be optimized a lot more in imageready or fireworks.

+i never use frames because of difficulties with printing and bookmarking, but that is a matter of preference really.

+i feel like the stock info at the top was kind of an afterthought. could be executed a little more elegantly.

overall, i think it is a very slick site; i hope it doesn't seem like i'm crapping on it, because i do like it.

final thought - it seems to load a little slow - is it on a test server or something?

keep up the good work.

Hey no worries, I WANT your suggestions no matter how bad it may seem.

Thanks