Suggestions for a "last meal" before way of life change

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Just have something good, maybe 24 cans of soda before you get into the health club thing.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
You know, during this diet/change of lifestyle you really need to devote one meal a week to eating whatever you want. After your stomach shrinks you're still not going to be able to eat the amount you once did, but you shouldn't approach this like you're entering a monastery.

Devoting that one meal a week will keep you from hitting plateaus.

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
u shouldn't give up the foods u enjoy even while u're on this kick to get healthier. maybe starting out, u can have 13 days of eating healthy, then one day to get a "taste" (read = small portions) of the foods u like. i think once u get past the first 4 or 6 weeks of really working out & drinking water, u're gonna start looking forward to exercising, and almost crave it.

good luck! :)

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

If i were in that position, i would probably get a filet mignon and maybe throw in a lobster tail. Not too damaging but great food.

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: mpitts
Just an FYI, I lost 30 lbs in two months by making the following changes:

Cut out almost all soda / energy drinks
Cut out all fast food
Run 1-2 miles a day for 4-5 days a week

I had to work myself up to the 2 miles a day and started by doing 1/2 mile run and 1/2 mile walk.

Those three basic changes made a HUGE difference. I am trying to lose the next twenty by the end of the year.

I can offer some more advice if you are interested.

Thanks...that gives me more motivation. I am trying to cut down on my weight also...If I can loose ~30lbs in ~2-3 months, I will be more than happy (currently ~210lbs at 5-11 :( )
I have done this since last week and can feel slight difference already:

- no more diet soda / energy drinks / vitamin water --- just plain water for me
- no more fast food and watching on what I eat (apple instead of ice-cream after dinner, banana instead of cookies/chips for snack during day etc)
- bicycle (machine) for ~40-50 min each day (2x 20-25min cycles) (burning ~400-450 calories each day)

When i started bicycle, I could not do even 10 min....used to get tired at 5 and by 10, i was almost dead :D. so did 10 min for first 2-3 days when I started and then next couple of days, i could do 15min before I could feel the same effect. Over the weekend, went up to 20 without feeling tired. Now, I am able to do ~25+min easily without getting tired....Amazing on how fast the human body adjusts.

I started the bicycle couple of months ago but gave up after first couple of days after I used to get tired after first 5-10min. This time, I decided to give it a longer chance and can see the results. Its just the first week that is tough (physically and mentally)...after that, it just follows on its own.

I know it will take me few weeks before I notice any change but I am optimistic after seeing the improved stamina of increasing bicycle time. Your post even motivates me more.

btw, my final bad meal was PIZZA :D

Originally posted by: Jhill
Originally posted by: schneiderguy
one of these

I love that guy. He is a hero. That was the best youtube video EVER. I want to buy him a beer.

What theme song is that ? Its at the back of my mind but just cant recall it at the moment (brain freeze :D )

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
Originally posted by: gsethi
Originally posted by: mpitts
Just an FYI, I lost 30 lbs in two months by making the following changes:

Cut out almost all soda / energy drinks
Cut out all fast food
Run 1-2 miles a day for 4-5 days a week

I had to work myself up to the 2 miles a day and started by doing 1/2 mile run and 1/2 mile walk.

Those three basic changes made a HUGE difference. I am trying to lose the next twenty by the end of the year.

I can offer some more advice if you are interested.

Thanks...that gives me more motivation. I am trying to cut down on my weight also...If I can loose ~30lbs in ~2-3 months, I will be more than happy (currently ~210lbs at 5-11 :( )
I have done this since last week and can feel slight difference already:

- no more diet soda / energy drinks / vitamin water --- just plain water for me
- no more fast food and watching on what I eat (apple instead of ice-cream after dinner, banana instead of cookies/chips for snack during day etc)
- bicycle (machine) for ~40-50 min each day (2x 20-25min cycles) (burning ~400-450 calories each day)

When i started bicycle, I could not do even 10 min....used to get tired at 5 and by 10, i was almost dead :D. so did 10 min for first 2-3 days when I started and then next couple of days, i could do 15min before I could feel the same effect. Over the weekend, went up to 20 without feeling tired. Now, I am able to do ~25+min easily without getting tired....Amazing on how fast the human body adjusts.

I started the bicycle couple of months ago but gave up after first couple of days after I used to get tired after first 5-10min. This time, I decided to give it a longer chance and can see the results. Its just the first week that is tough (physically and mentally)...after that, it just follows on its own.

I know it will take me few weeks before I notice any change but I am optimistic after seeing the improved stamina of increasing bicycle time. Your post even motivates me more.

btw, my final bad meal was PIZZA :D

I am another one, I need to cut down on what I eat. I have been overweight since I had a couple of injuries. Currently 220lbs at 5'11" I want to be down to 180lbs again, which for me is a good weight.

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: SilthDraeth

I am another one, I need to cut down on what I eat. I have been overweight since I had a couple of injuries. Currently 220lbs at 5'11" I want to be down to 180lbs again, which for me is a good weight.

Thats what I want to be at .... ~180lbs (+/- 5lbs). I dont want to go any lower than that b/c I have big body frame but yeah, ~180 seems to be the number for me too....lets see how long it will take me to reach that...hopefully before the end of the year.

I was ~220lbs 9 years ago and went down to ~180lb back then (by not eating junk food and walking ... this was high school and I used to walk for ~30min on the way back home...took ~5 months to loose those 40lbs). Then I went to college and gained it all back (no more walking + tons of junk food).

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
Originally posted by: Coquito
White Castle stack, mozzarella sticks, clam strips, fried chicken & honey biscuits from Church's.

Pair it off with a nice & cold 12oz. 120 ipa(or four). Only 450 calories a pop. :)

Pick up a pint of Daaz on the way back.

rofl, better hope you go bolemic after a meal like that.