Suggestions for a "last meal" before way of life change

Mar 15, 2003
So my dad had a heart attack and, since I was there to witness the horror, I'm going to give up a lot of things - red meat, refined sugars, etc. etc. I know moderation is key but I'm a fat ass at 26, moderation is not part of my vocabulary so I think I'm going to have to be very aggressive to balance out my concept of food - I have to eat bland for a while, to help me learn that eating should be to live not as a form of enjoyment. I also joined a gym today so I'm trying to do this for the long haul, not as a "diet."

My fridge is full of lean protein and veggies now but I think I need a final meal to help make this transition easier. Any suggestions for an over the top meal for tonight? Again, I understand it's silly to have a bunch of calories before a start a new way of life, but humor me. I'm prepared for the long haul and figure one lousy, unhealhty meal before a radical life change will be a good way to resist future temptation.

Edit: Had that meal

Bacon Cheese Burger
Porterhouse steak
French Fries
Mozorella sticks
Canolli
Guiness

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
lol. that's what I do before I go on a diet or I know I have to stop eating/drinking something.

If I was going on a diet starting tomorrow, I'd have a huge piece of steak tonight.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
1. Brazilian BBQ.
2. Brazilian T&As.
3. Fine alcoholic beverages or your choice.
4. ???
5. Profit!

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Lobster stuffed with tacos?

Monte Cristo Sandwich?

Whole Suckling Pig?

100x100 Animal Style?

Turducken?

Any or all of the above?

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Just an FYI, I lost 30 lbs in two months by making the following changes:

Cut out almost all soda / energy drinks
Cut out all fast food
Run 1-2 miles a day for 4-5 days a week

I had to work myself up to the 2 miles a day and started by doing 1/2 mile run and 1/2 mile walk.

Those three basic changes made a HUGE difference. I am trying to lose the next twenty by the end of the year.

I can offer some more advice if you are interested.

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: mpitts

Cut out all fast food

I had to work myself up to the 2 miles a day and started by doing 1/2 mile run and 1/2 mile walk.

Those three basic changes made a HUGE difference. I am trying to lose the next twenty by the end of the year.

Any and all suggestions would be great - I think we should even have a fitness forum here.

What did you daily meals consist of? I have lots of fish, chicken, tofu, and green veggies to start - any other suggestions? Picked up a george forman grill as well so that I can prepare everything without oil.

elmro

Dec 4, 2005
KFC: crispy fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and that delicious biscuit covered in gravy.

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: evident
CHEESESTEAK
1 lb burger
endless french fries
dessert - cinnabon!!!!!

Woaw. That sounds awesome.

A steak might be my course of action but cinnabon... Woaw..

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
I know moderation is key but I'm a fat ass at 26, moderation is not part of my vocabulary so I think I'm going to have to be very aggressive to balance out my concept of food.

This is a very bad strategy! I'm not trying to be a prick but that strategy is setting yourself up for failure. You need to gradually make positive changes. Sudden, dramatic shifts like this inevitably lead to relapse within a few weeks. Please, take the changes slowly and methodically, paying close attention to how each change affects you. If you follow this advice you will have a much better chance of staying on the wagon.

As for a last meal, anything deep fried :thumbsup:

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Ugh, don't give up red meat. Red meat is great for the body. Steak three times a day would be a great diet. Nature intended us to eat animals.

fitday.com and nutritiondata.com are your friends.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: mpitts

Cut out all fast food

Lucky Bastard

I stopped drinking soda
Haven't eaten fast food in 4 years
And Run 4 miles a day every day

And I still don't lose weight.. gained weight because of the muscle. Its good for me, but the weight gain is a ***** feeling.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Originally posted by: iamaelephant
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
I know moderation is key but I'm a fat ass at 26, moderation is not part of my vocabulary so I think I'm going to have to be very aggressive to balance out my concept of food.

This is a very bad strategy! I'm not trying to be a prick but that strategy is setting yourself up for failure. You need to gradually make positive changes. Sudden, dramatic shifts like this inevitably lead to relapse within a few weeks. Please, take the changes slowly and methodically, paying close attention to how each change affects you. If you follow this advice you will have a much better chance of staying on the wagon.

As for a last meal, anything deep fried :thumbsup:

Best advice yet! Radical diet changes are rarely good. Do what mpitts suggested first...cut out the worthless calories and look at eating more healthy whole grains and whole proteins. Drink lots of water as well (several liters a day)

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: TallBill
Ugh, don't give up red meat. Red meat is great for the body. Steak three times a day would be a great diet. Nature intended us to eat animals.

fitday.com and nutritiondata.com are your friends.

Yeah, although you might want to go with the leaner cuts of steak. Eating a ribeye 3x daily would add up to a ton of calories ;)

Also I would highly recommend you start tracking on fitday. Following haphazard advice like "cut out sweets" and "don't eat after X PM" won't be as effective as actually taking control and knowing exactly how much you are eating each day.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

Lucky Bastard

Luck doesn't exist.

Originally posted by: Special K

Yeah, although you might want to go with the leaner cuts of steak. Eating a ribeye 3x daily would add up to a ton of calories ;)

You forget that I'm a 5k calorie "Diet". Its really realy hard over here, should be able to get more control in the states.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
White Castle stack, mozzarella sticks, clam strips, fried chicken & honey biscuits from Church's.

Pair it off with a nice & cold 12oz. 120 ipa(or four). Only 450 calories a pop. :)

Pick up a pint of Daaz on the way back.