Suggestions for 21" CRT

Adrenalin33

Nov 24, 2005
Looking to buy a 21" CRT and wanted to see if anyone has suggestions. My desk is huge so I could care lessa about LCD. Thanks.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: SonicIce
Originally posted by: mrkun
Get a refurbished Trinitron or Diamondtron from Azatek.

:thumbsup:.
or AccurateIT

Agreed, but I'd go for one of the brand new ones there.

Refurbs tend to be a lot more blurry than a brand new one. But that all depends on the brightness/contrast settings you use. For example, a refurb one at 30brightness/90contrast is as sharp as a brand new monitor at 50brightness/100contrast.
I've personally used a lot of high end refurbs and two new ones. Right now, I currently use a refurb FW900 at work. It's a great value for the price no doubt. But you'll have to decide if you'd rather go new or refurb.
AccurateIT.com has some very good deals on overstock but brand new monitors. It really doesn't get any better than $400 for a brand new Mitsubishi 2070SB(rebadged under HP on the site)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: mrkun
Get a refurbished Trinitron or Diamondtron from Azatek.
I got my Compaq P1220 (Mitsubishi Diamondtron tube) from them. Good price and well packed. I'd recommend them. :)

Goi

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I have a Dell P1130 which is pretty amazing, but I'm itching to get that 24" Sony widescreen :)

One word of advice - get a grade A.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: JRW
Originally posted by: Cheesetogo
Originally posted by: JRW
I bought my FW900 from this ebay seller and have absolutely no regrets, Awesome monitor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-TRINITRON-24-C...5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Could you post pics of your monitor?

Some pics I've taken of it here:
http://ded.zenblue.net/FW900/

Looks nice, can you do a macro shot of black text on white backgrounds, and a shot of fine black horizontal lines on a white background, such as the input box on google or something. Take the shot with the brightness at 50 and the contrast at 100.