Suggestion

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
How about a vintage computer/gaming sub forum. Like pre 2003 - all the way back.

I've been tinkering with old systems lately and it's been a real blast.

People could show off their rigs, talk about old games and relive the glory days.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I also like vintage computers. Especially the 486/Pentium Overdrive era. It's what I grew up with so of course that's my main interest. Anyway, if you haven't found it yet Vogons is great place for tech info and social. Pretty cool place to hang out. I found it a few years back when I was building my vintage rigs. Here's a link to the forums. http://www.vogons.org/index.php

Too get back to the suggestion. I don't know how well a sub like that would be received on this site. I asked about vintage computing in this thread a few years ago and it was a mixed bag. I also don't think there is enough interest on a site like Anandtech to warrant a sub for it.

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
I also like vintage computers. Especially the 486/Pentium Overdrive era. It's what I grew up with so of course that's my main interest. Anyway, if you haven't found it yet Vogons is great place for tech info and social. Pretty cool place to hang out. I found it a few years back when I was building my vintage rigs. Here's a link to the forums. http://www.vogons.org/index.php

Too get back to the suggestion. I don't know how well a sub like that would be received on this site. I asked about vintage computing in this thread a few years ago and it was a mixed bag. I also don't think there is enough interest on a site like Anandtech to warrant a sub for it.

I got into computers at the dawn of the 3D accelerated boom so 3dfx holds a special place in my heart.

I usually go back and read Anands reviews on vintage stuff I buy or want to buy.

Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
The members on Vogons go back and forth about he 3dfx all the time. If you're more hardware oriented check out the Marvin sub.

A cool side note about Vogons is that it's were DOSBox started.

Anyway I'm moving on. Check out Vogons. I think you'll have better luck there then starting a new sub here.