Suggestion: Allow discussion about improving AT forums in all forums

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I made a post about merging some AT Social forums into ATOT and it got locked instantly. How are we ever going to get feedback from the community when you restrict those discussions to the Suggestion Box forums, where most members don't even go?

Stupid. The discussion should be allowed in regular AT forums, including ATOT especially.

Reactions: Crono

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
well at least he put a link to here.

P&N risks drowning out ATOT anyway so I'm not sure about it.

Discussion club does seem to have run its course even if it's the only place to have sane political discussion. All other discussion would fit ATOT no problem though.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
no. this is bad. everyone thinks their idea is best. lets not encourage it.

also no to your other idea. i dont like it.

i fear change.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
I like the home and garage forums, stuff there may be a bit slower, but people would never get help with stuff if it's drowned out by atot. I think discussion club could be cut though. P&n needs to stay separate, otherwise atot would be all trump all the time. Nobody wants that. Imho.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Wasn't that the way it was before? It was all in ATOT then people started bitching that the political conversations were to dominating so then P&N was born. Then people started bitching that the P&N conversations were getting out of hand and those who wished to approach politics with a more level head could go to the Discussion Club.

The Garage, Home and Garden, and Health and Fitness social forums seem kinda weird to me. They get enough traffic that I wouldn't want them cluttering up OT but they might get more posts if they were in OT. That would lead to more clutter in OT though.

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
The forum was way better when all the social forums except P&N was included in ATOT. I would be for merging them back together. I feel like that was a mistake that helped kill an already dying forum.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I agree with joining everything except P&N in the social forums.

The problem is we aren't likely to see this happen. The incentive (for staff/administration) isn't there, and I can't recall the last time a forum was removed or combined. It's far easier to maintain status quo and not potentially annoy users with ch-ch-ch-changes.

It's been talked about for a while in OT, but so far none of the managers/directors/admins/overlords/oberführers have stated any desire or intent to make ATOT great again recombine social.

There is one potential benefit for the staff in making moderation easier, but I don't know if they are short staffed in the Social forums to seriously consider the suggestion. The Purch side of the staff are probably more concerned right now about the latest Xenforo update screwing up a few things.

Last edited: