Suggest me some recent games of great graphics?

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
Origin got all three on sell right now if you don't own them :) Tomb Raider was awesome :) Dishonored; Thief is just around the corner and Metros will make your system cry :D

Madia

May 2, 2006
Witcher 2 and Battlefield 4 are the first that come to mind. With the right graphics mods Skyrim can really push your system.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
arma

metro 2033

and a modded skyrim can tell how powerful your system is but the code is ineffecient

Feb 6, 2007
Crysis 3 and Witcher 2 will push it the most. Project CARS looks amazing, but I don't think you can get in to the beta anymore.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
most of those will test you ability to withstand [terrible] DRM also.. Origin and U-play...

While I think most of us agree with you, this really isn't the right thread for that discussion
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Tomb Raider barely stressed my 2600k/580 system, but Metro Last Light certainly did with everything maxed out.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Far Cry 3 will put a hurting on your system but is nowhere near as sound graphically as Crysis 3. Tons of foilage and geometry pop in, distant textures visibly changing etc... a lot of the caveats that keep most open world games looking as good as level-based games.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Crysis 3

Crysis 2 + MalDoHD 4.0

Metro Last Light

Of those 3, Metro is, IMO, the best game, and Crysis 3 has the most advanced graphics (of any game). The first half of Crysis 3 is interesting enough, but the last half was just so uninspired I quit playing. It's really a shame the direction they took that series.

BF4 has some great looking moments, but unless you're into the MP side of it, I certainly wouldn't waste a dime on it to play the SP campaign.

I don't think The Witcher 2 looks that good. The only time it's actually hard on your system is when you use supersampling. The textures and model quality aren't really anything great - - the artists were just really good at making stuff look good as a whole. 3rd person games also generally keep you from getting too close to the assets to really notice.

Last edited: