Question Sudden drop in connection but gets okay when adaptor disabled and enabled

Aug 14, 2023
I have 100 plus computers (All Windows 10/11) connected to a three routers which are linked to jio router. All pcs are having static IP. Since last one month, (in fiew of PCs only) whenever they are left unattended for few minutes, their internet speed drops drastically. When their adaptor is disabled and enabled, the speed is restores. What am I missing?

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
What am I missing?
More info.

The speed shouldn't be changing with what you're describing and only on a handful of devices. Normally you'd see a drop in speed to the whole network not just a couple of devices.

The adapter thing seems more like a cabling issue?
Maybe the NIC is going into a power save mode and triggering a drop in speed due to a bad cable?

There are a lot of variables to consider from Layer 1 cabling / Layer 3 NIC / Layer 7 OS.. It could be a simple configuration issue on the select devices.

Are all of the effected devices on the same network segment?
If so are they on a dedicated switch or one of the routers?
What kind of router / switch are you using?
What kind of NIC are in the PCs?
Has anything else changed in the network recently? HW/SW
Are these using WIFI? What kind of APs are you using?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
So.. you have 100 plus computers (All Windows 10/11) connected to a three routers which are linked to jio router.

I do not think that a jio Router can carry any load like this. I doubt that it can do well even with 4 computers.o_O :eek:

:cool:

Reactions: john3850