Successful YAGT...

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

psianime

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2002
Just ask her on a date! 5% that she will reject you for a really good reason (triple bypass is one of them).

Blindman

Oct 12, 1999
Those that care all seem to vote that you go ask her out man . . .
so gather some confidence and just do it dude.

or the next stop is the friend zone if its not already to late.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Next Town: Friend Zone
Population: YOU

Seriously if you dont do something soon, you will never have a chance.

That and change your thread title or youre gonna jinx yourself....

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
Yeah, just ask her if she'd like to go out sometime (not for dinner on the first time, cafe is a good idea), if not, at least you have a good realtionship as you stand. Be like "Hey, I was wondering if your not busy...." or "Do you have plans for the evening?" I wouldn't directly say "I was wondering if we could go out [sometime]" because she may think you are trying to ask her out out, and that could scare her, might be to sudden and abrubt. Oh, and yes, going to the cafe is a "date" if she asks...which she may ask or may think. If you ask her out, she'll get the hint, if you havent directly told her, that you [may] have intimate (meaning next step after "friends") interests in her.

Maybe you two have mutual feelings about persuing a realtionship together, but don't really know if each other would say it directly to each other. If you let this specualtion or afraidness go on too long, you'll definately hit the friend zone, and she may think you are too nice.

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
From the updates it sounds like she has already found the perfect guy friend to get support from when her jerk boyfriend screws her over :)

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: fyleow
From the updates it sounds like she has already found the perfect guy friend to get support from when her jerk boyfriend screws her over :)

Yup...thats how I see it too.

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001

There is NO BOYFRIEND though... don't you guys think she would have said something.... she keeps leading me on, and has never mentioned anything about it. I would have saw pictures/heard something about one if there was on in site. Now lets hope I CAN bemore that someone.... I am not in a hurry though.

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: bubbadu

There is NO BOYFRIEND though... don't you guys think she would have said something.... she keeps leading me on, and has never mentioned anything about it. I would have saw pictures/heard something about one if there was on in site. Now lets hope I CAN bemore that someone.... I am not in a hurry though.

You SHOULD be in a hurry, or at least try to show your true intentions clearly. Trust me on this, I've been in your situation before. She led me on, I even took her out to fancy restaurants and watched movies with her. I "played it slow" and in the end when I asked her where it was all headed she replied:

"I think we both have very different eventual destinations on where this is going"

And that was that. A few months later she was going out with this guy who kept on breaking dates they had arranged and guess who she called when that happened?

We used to be best friends, now she's just another classmate to me.

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
"There is NO BOYFRIEND though"

There will be if you dont hurry up and grow a pair; make a move already.

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
dude, you shoulda walked in while she had the towel on... probably better that you didn't.. let the dude that she had in her room sneak out the window...;) j/k

i guess it's cool that you made a friend.. but really.. make a date or something.. get some late dinner after class or something

Blindman

Oct 12, 1999
i wouldnt call this a successful YAGT yet. Sounds to me the trend might be going south LOL. But count on this most of us are behind you and wish you well. Just ask before its to late.

SethK28

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2003
This guy is either the biggest pussy ever, or this whole thread was contrived. ASK HER OUT ON A ROMANTIC DATE YOU DIPSHIT otherwise you have ZERO chance.

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: bubbadu
Originally posted by: dxkj
I think we need a picture of you... so we can straight up tell you whether she is using you for your computer skills, or actually might be interested.

Im being serious...

Well heres (gotta drag and drop) about a 2 year old crappy picture of myself.

Check my first post for updates.....

-Bubbadu

Lichee

Jan 2, 2001
"again I am in no rush, but will try to get some kind of "date" as soon as possible."

thats the spirit!