Successful YAGT...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
So how long have you known her for?

Well give it a little bit until you feel more comfortable with you, then just ask her out.

Or you can be a bit more sneeky. Get some ice cream. Ask if she wants some of yours, if so let her lick it. See if she offers hers and lets you lick it. Well if she does thats a good sign. It could be just that she is just friendly and doesn't mind doing that sort of things with guys. Some girls are very touchy on this sort of thing.

When I had my first CS class last year I was suprised to see about 30% girls in my CS class. I hooked up with a bunch of girls and they are a great bunch of friends. Yes friends because I wanted it that way. I already have a great gf. You get some attractive girls in CS but most are not though.

Guys should be fine with girls, more so at college. Girls are more friendly and less HS type of girls if you know what I mean. They are just more relaxed.

Koing

Bulldozer

Oct 12, 2001
There is nothing wrong with being direct. Don't ask "do you have a boyfriend?" Ask "are you single?"

Not that there is a big difference but the latter sounds better.
whatever you do don't start in on that nonsense like "I can't believe you're single." Don't compliment her constantly either.

Sideswipe001

Golden Member
May 23, 2003
I'd just ask her out. Make it sound like it's not a big deal. If she has a boyfriend, she'll tell you. If not, maybe you'll get somewhere.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
trust me if she has a boyfriend she will tell you. There was this girl in my physics class who started chattin away with me the first couple days of class. Subtly mentioned the boyfriend 2 classes later, right when I was about to make my move. Oh and if she does have a boyfriend get the hell away fast, you DO NOT WANT TO BE HER FRIEND trust me you'll understand in time because once you become her friend there is no going back.

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
I just can't believe that she hasnt said a WORD about a boyfriend... with every other girl I met, every other word is boyfriend this, boyfriend that. That is why I have had a good feeling about the whole thing... and btw she was wearing a tight purple top yesterday and TIGHT jeans... :p ... class is in a couple of hours, hopefully I will be able to pull something, anything off.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: bubbadu
I just can't believe that she hasnt said a WORD about a boyfriend... with every other girl I met, every other word is boyfriend this, boyfriend that. That is why I have had a good feeling about the whole thing... and btw she was wearing a tight purple top yesterday and TIGHT jeans... :p ... class is in a couple of hours, hopefully I will be able to pull something, anything off.

Ahhh the newness of it all. The guessing game, the horny thoughts, the anticipation, the emotions, the waiting, the high. Good luck. I hope she doesn't bring her bf to your studying session.

And why guess when you can simply ask if she's interested in you or if she's got a bf already. Why wait, why beat around the bush? Just ask and she'll respond appropriately. If she likes you, you'll know and if she doesn't at least you won't be wasting your time.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Wow, a genuine YAGT success story! Amazing!

Congrats Bubbadu, sounds like everything's going really well and you are able to handle everything. Good luck this week and this weekend :)

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

pic?!

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Sorry no pics YET... I'll have several hours tomorrow to hang out with her tomorrow though.... wish me luck. Now lets hope theres no boyfriend! That would just suck. I have a feeling there isnt so I am not that worried about it.

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Wow, a genuine YAGT success story! Amazing!

Congrats Bubbadu, sounds like everything's going really well and you are able to handle everything. Good luck this week and this weekend :)

Thanks :p I told you guys this would be a success! Tomorrow will consist of about 3 hours of one on one time of just me and her, possibly her roomate, "studying". Then another 2 hours of class. :p :p I wish I could have taken a picture yesterday.. she was smokkkkkkkkkking hot. Tomorrow will be a good day.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
alright, hurry up and update with some new advancements in the endeavor. I'm sick of you as it is (been single for 11 months now), so I'm getting impatient.

But good luck nonetheless ;)

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
check my first post..i put the updates in there :p today was excelllllent.

Good stuff. Hope you can go further and not be in the friend zone. Oh well if you end up inthe friend zone you can be the first to get the hell out of it :p j/k nah a good friend is a very good thing. Just get horny over her though! :p

Girl friends are cool.

Koing

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Koing
check my first post..i put the updates in there :p today was excelllllent.

Good stuff. Hope you can go further and not be in the friend zone. Oh well if you end up inthe friend zone you can be the first to get the hell out of it :p j/k nah a good friend is a very good thing. Just get horny over her though! :p

Girl friends are cool.

Koing

Thanks for the support. I will find out if I can get out of the friend zone within the next couple of weeks.... Hopefully I will get to spend a lot of time with her outside of class this week, and we can develop something.... it just keeps geting better and better.

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: coldcut
Here's a pic of his gf

Haha damn how did you find that?! Seriously it was funny because she went to the bathroom down the hall and almost stole her desktop picture, which was a picture of her and her roomate :p I figured it wouldnt be a good thing if she came back in and saw me posting here :p

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
I don't get why the existence of a b/f is so discouraging to guys to go after a girl to whom they're attracted. It should only be discouraging if she's in a happy long-term relationship, but that's often not the case especially among younger women. If it's short term and/or she's not content with the current boyfriend, then it should still be a green light. However I find that in a lot of these YAGTs, guys are way too scared off than they should be if they find out a girl has a b/f. Rather if you play your cards right, i.e. casually and slick, it can be done.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
um..nowhere in the update did it say you asked for a date.

all u keep saying babbdu is hanging out. does she know you r going on a "date" and not just as friends for this weekend?