Successful YAGT...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: wyvrn
Don't fawn over her. Girls don't like desperate guys. Play it cool, be friendly, and just let it happen.

Yes, and be sure to be arrogant. Seriously, you maybe a nice guy, computer nerd. Girls don't like "nice" guys. You can be a nice but like he said don't fawn over her. The right amount of arrogance is key here.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
My experiences at my first day of class was that CIS courses and engineering math classes != hot chicks to talk to in class :(

Same thing as last year but I had to keep my hopes up.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
if this chick is anything like the semi attactive girls in the CS field that I've seen than I would say stay away. They are like leeches and will literally copy your work line by line. It kind of defeats the purpose for anyone to cheat in a class that has to do with their major but oh well.

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
I helped a girl out in my CS class, and the prof. figured we cheated since they looked so identical, but really i was just trying to help her out... I got a D on the project due to the whole cheating issue, but an A+ in the class though... Women!

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Sudheer Anne
if this chick is anything like the semi attactive girls in the CS field that I've seen than I would say stay away. They are like leeches and will literally copy your work line by line. It kind of defeats the purpose for anyone to cheat in a class that has to do with their major but oh well.

Shes not in the CS field though, which allows her to be hot. :p Shes a math major has to take a CS class. She definlty won't be cheating off of me though... she just needs basic help... once the real programming comes, I will give her some help when she asks though. Class starts in a couple of hours... I'll let you guys know what happens.

-Bubbadu

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Don't come on strong or you will scare her away? This is college my friend.

Heed the words of Chris Rock. "A Girl knows there going to fawk you within the first 5 minutes they meet you" .

If she wants to get laid and so does Mr. Bashful here, then he could almost say anything he wants. Just as long he doesn't act like a complete ass or goof ball. That only works when you're drunk.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
College rules for this reason alone. So many of them to meet... such nice chances.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be able to wait till tomorrow. ;) Even if she has a bf, at least you know another hot chick eh ? :D

psydancerqt

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2003
geez... all you computer boys are meeting girls and i havent met any boys!! what's a girl to do to get a boy's attention? lol... i can only imagine some of the responses!

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: psydancerqt
geez... all you computer boys are meeting girls and i havent met any boys!! what's a girl to do to get a boy's attention? lol... i can only imagine some of the responses!

Ah hehhe hehheh hehhhehh hehhehe

:evil: :evil: :evil:

*whaps himself with a rubber mallet

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
damn this bubbadu dude is creepy. googling everyone and finding out their phone numbers and what their dads job is. I don't even know what my own dad's job is. Creepy....

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: wyvrn
If you come on strong, you will scare her away. In my experience, getting to be friends first works out better. Good luck!

but wont you end up in the dreaded friend zone?

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: hdeck
she could just be using you to help her with the class ;)

(you = good looking) ? (she likes you) : (she is using you)

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I think you have a chance. She asked for your phone number dude.. hah. Would you ask for a girls phone number if you had no interest in her ?

Your first mistake was coming here and posting the fact, lol . Because all these people are just going to fill you with doubt from their passed rejections.

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Hammer
i don't believe she was good looking :p

Class starts at 3:30... and yes shes fvcking HOT! :p I am definlty going to leave early, get a good seat and hope she comes sits near me.. :) If she doesnt, oh well, but I know for a fact that she doesnt know anyone else in the class. How do you guys think I should start the conversation about the whole boyfriend situation?.... I know thats a tricky one.

-Bubbadu

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Regs
I think you have a chance. She asked for your phone number dude.. hah. Would you ask for a girls phone number if you had no interest in her ?

Your first mistake was coming here and posting the fact, lol . Because all these people are just going to fill you with doubt from their passed rejections.

HAHA....excellent point... yeah I figured that there must be some kind of interest... if I get a negative reaction today, then I will just let it be and move on, but if theres a postivie one, I am definitly going to run with it....

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
You can ask any way you want if she has a boyfriend or not. I just would not start out the convo asking about it.

I would ask.. "I bet you have a boyfriend, huh!" or something like that.